Chapter 12

Where am I? Am I dead?.. No.. I wouldn't be able to ask that question.

I look around an unfamiliar room, it was dark and musty. I was laying on a cream colour bed, not under any sheets. My legs were exposed and dirty from a mixture of blood and dust. My once clean dress was full of wrinkles and lint. My attention shifts to the vile man staring at me, Captain Holt. I immediately try to move away from him, I grab the side of the bed and try to scoot away. Holt grabs my ankle effortlessly and drags me back to my original spot.

"Don't be so scared love, I won't hurt you" my eyes widen, how could he say that?! All he has done since I arrived here is beat me. He expects me to trust him?

"Im supposed to believe you? Don't touch me!" I grab his hand that was now placed on my thigh and throw it off.

He frowns and grabs my hip, placing as much pressure as he can on my carved skin. I wince from the pain as tears well up in my eyes.

"Don't ever speak to me like that again!" He yells with his teeth clenched.

I nod furiously as he lets go of my tender skin. He returns it to his lap and smiles down at me.

"Now, my love" I cringe at the name, only Bernard would ever sound amazing saying that.

"Personally, I think you look horrible and you smell" he explains casually, catching me off guard.

"What?" Was he being serious?

He sighs and looks at my clothes with disgust.

"You're going to go take a shower and get dressed" he demands. He stands up and walks over to his desk, retrieving  some clothes for me to wear. It was a white casual dress, a pair of shoes and underwear.

He places them in front of me and points to what I'm assuming is his personal bathroom.

"The shower is in there, I will be back in 10 minutes. If you're not done by then. I'll turn the water off" he looks at me one last time and then turns around to leave.

I role out of bed in pain from... I guess yesterday, I trudge to the bathroom that was conveniently across from the bed. My clean clothes in hand.

The bathroom was dark like the rest of his room. I look at my reflection in the mirror, it was always hard seeing myself like this. My hair was a mess and my eyes were black from exhaustion. I wasn't the same person.

I strip my clothes off and turn the water on hot, I step in and felt relief instantly hit my body. My muscles loosen and I almost forget about everything that has happened, almost.

How I wish I could feel this everyday. How I wish I could go home and forget any of this ever happened.

But of course, nothing ever goes as planned.

---------

After the shower, I put the clothes on that we're surprisingly pretty. The dress was not too revealing and was very light.

I walked out of the bathroom just as Captain Holt walked in.

"Wow, Margaret you look wonderful" I didn't reply, I just gave him a flat stare

After a few moments of silence he places his hand on my back and guides me out of the room

He brings me outside to a small white bench with flowers growing all over it. I immediately take a deep breath in, I hadn't smelt the outdoors in so long.

"I wanted to speak with you about something" he says, I sit down on bench and glare at him

"What?" I spat

He growled at me, then..... SLAP.... He struck me across the face. The sensation was a surprise each time. My body fell limp, why me? That seemed like a question I was asking myself frequently. Holt continues what he was saying as if nothing happened.

"Your father" he said "he was stubborn too"

My head shot up

"What? You knew him?" I ask curiously, my eyes wide from shock

"Yes, a brother never forgets" my face drops, I felt as if I was going to throw up.

"You're lying! He never had a brother!" I stand up and begin unknowingly pacing and tugging at my hair.

"He was adopted into my family when I was 5" he starts

"I was so jealous" he looks away and furrows his eyebrows, all I could do was shake my head and try not to listen to him

"I hated him. Every day I would do something to him, whether it was physical or mental. I promised him that one day... One day I would take the most important thing he has ever had, and make it mine" He stands up and grabs both of my arms, stopping my pacing.

"You, you will be mine so I can show him that he is just a useless Jew! and I am the better child. They loved me more!"

How immature, he still cares after all these years?

"Then are you a Jew?" I ask

"Of course not! My parents were stupid enough to adopt one into our home"

This was so much to process, he was family. How could no one tell me?

I stand there staring at my... Uncle?

---------

Major plot twist!

Hope you liked it! Comment and vote!