Chapter 17

Unknown P.O.V

It's been a week since Marie asked her nurse, Anna about Bernard. There was no news then, and there is still no news. She lay awake most nights in her hospital bed thinking about him. How she loved him. How he risked his life for her, how it's her fault Bernard was arrested. If she would have just kept her mouth shut, she thought.

But why didn't she?

She doesn't know..

A knock at the door snaps Marie out of her thoughts

"Come in!" She yells for them to hear

To her surprise the visitor didn't open the door, they stayed out in the hall.

"You may come in!" She tries again, with slight annoyance in her voice.

"No ma'am" the man standing outside her door, says. He pauses and clears his throat.

"I have come to deliver a message from Captain Holt" he speaks with authority

"The captain has ordered that you be presentable for a meeting" the man explains

"A meeting for what?" Marie asks curiously

"Those details were not given ma'am" he says flatly

And with that the man cleared his throat again and stomped away. What meeting? When? Where? Once again her head filled with questions that she couldn't answer.

Was it Bernard? Was the final question she asked before two unknown men entered her room. They made sure Marie was ready and began to push her white hospital bed out of the room.

The two men never once looked at her, they kept their eyes glued to the end of the hall. They knew Marie was important to the Captain for some reason and was not be toyed with.

Once they reached their destination, the two men let out a giant sign, as if bringing Marie to Captain Holt was the biggest and most stressful job they've ever done. It probably was.

Marie's bed was lastly pushed into a private office, they closed the door behind her. The lights were dimmed and the room had a strange eeriness to it that Marie couldn't figure out.

A creak of a chair catches her attention, her head turns to the direction of the noise. Her eyes focus on a large shadowy silhouette beside it.

"Hello Marie" She hears a familiar voice, one she would never forget.

"I missed you" Captain Holts voice was hoarse and slightly deeper than normal. He slowly walks out of the dark corner.

The Captains white sleeved shirt was covered in blood. She immediately panics and scoots away from him, her breathing shallow from her injuries.

"Oh don't be frightened!" Captain Holt walks towards her with a devilish smile and a sharp knife tightly held in his hand.

"Please, I haven't done anything to deserve this! Leave me alone" Marie pleads

"Should have thought of that before you screwed a nazi soldier" She gasps and looks at the now visible chair, Bernard is limply siting in the chair almost unrecognizable. He was barely being held up by some rope.

Marie covers her mouth and cries

"Please don't hurt him!" Marie screams, still with her somewhat sweet voice.

"Too late for that my dear, what you mean to say is don't kill him" he grins and grabs Bernard's chin

Captain holt tisks her in a playful way

"So young, it's a shame really" he lifts the knife and slowly brings it to his neck, Holt observes the area like he's preparing for surgery. 

"No! You bastard. I'll..." Marie pauses "I'll kill you!" Her innocent voice was gone and laced with rage, she didn't care how foolish she sounded. She was determined to keep him alive.

Captain Holt chuckles.

"How? You're in a hospital bed, barely capable of moving" he points to her weak and injured body and chuckles.

Marie suddenly has an adrenaline rush and jumps off of the white bed. She was done with his arrogant comments and threats.

Although she was petit, her hands wrap around his neck and begin to choke him. Her knuckles whiten as Captain Holt's face turns a slight red.

"What were you saying?" She squeezes his neck even harder catching him off guard, he underestimated her strength.

But of course, Marie always forgets the most important things. Captain holt has a weapon.

The Captain out of reflex, plunges the small knife into Marie's side just barely avoiding major organs.

Marie slowly releases her grip and drops to the floor, still glaring into the devil's eyes. Her eyes role to the back of her head just after he says his final goodbyes

"Good night Marie" he waves and watches her pass out, something that seems to be happening much too often lately.

-------------

Man! Everything bad seems to happen to her!

Thanks for reading!!