~2~

Riley's POV

I walk into my first class; science. I decided to take science not only because it reminded me of Farkle, but because in middle school I became a feminist because of science class. I walk into the classroom not knowing a single face in the big classroom. Everyone seemed to have at least one friend but I had none. How can such a big room full of so much people make me feel so alone? The professor didn't walk in yet so I decided to text Maya, Lucas, and Farkle. They were all at home packing up while I'm at school. 

R🤗- Hey guys

M😁- Wassup Riles?

L😎- hey just packin up

F🤑- same so how's things?

R🤗-  my professor hasn't come in yet

M😁- imagine it's your dad

L😎- that would be weird

F🤑- Id feel real bad for u if it is riles

"Miss Matthews as you may know there is no texting in class!" I look up to see who was talking to me. Uncle Josh?! 

"What are you doing here? Aren't you doing your bachelors degree?" I asked trying to hide the fact that the whiteboard says Professor Matthews. The girl behind me asked "Is he your husband?" Me and Josh said at the same time "Ew, gross!" I took Uncle Josh's wrist and pulled him outside, "what are you doing here?" 

"Professor Mcstein is absent for the week, so they asked me to fill in." He said.

"Ugh! Out of all people they had to choose my uncle!!!" I wondered what Maya, Lucas, and farkles reaction would be when I tell them this! Before I knew it I had a wonderful plan coming up to my head. " how about this, I text for a few more minutes and I'll repay you by giving you my  phone after class so you can FaceTime Maya." I said waving my phone around his face with Maya's picture on the screen. My uncle looks at me saying "you got me hard there riles, fine." I jumped in the air and hugged him then went to the restrooms to text my friends.

R- you won't believe it

M- what's the matter sweetie?

L- is your dad the professor

F- and he's embarrassing you?

R- no

M- then what?

R- Uncle Josh is my professor 

L- 😂😂😂what??

F- wow riles! But isn't t he taking his bachelor degree still?

M- LUCKY!!!! I mean tell him I said hi

L- aren't u in class 

F- isn't he on his bachelor degree still!?!

R- yes Farkle he's a sub for the week and I'm texting now cuz I'm a good negotiater 

M- what's the deal?

R- you'll find out soon...exactly 12:30 gtg

"Ah Miss Matthews you're back! Now take a seat." Uncle Josh says all smart, I roll my eyes at him as he chuckles back at me. The girl behind me pokes me and says "So he's your uncle?" I look at her and say "How do you know?" she answers "He told us, I'm sorry for you." I smile back and listen to my Uncle Josh, which was hard, but hey my future depends on it. 

12:20. 

"Okay, class dismiss, see you tomorrow." I walk slowly as Uncle Josh says "Except you Riley, you have to pay back." he says while holding his hand out for my phone. I roll my eyes again, then open my phone to Maya's contact number. "Here," I say while giving it to him. "Thanks Riles, have I ever told you," he stopped "told me what?" he looks at me "That I don't think of you as a niece, I think of you as a younger sister. I don't know why though." I smile and hug him "Thanks Professor Matthews." he points his finger at me, "Uncle Josh." I hug him one more time and head to my next class.

Maya's POV

I am almost done packing so I grab a snack, before I knew it my phone rings for facetime. Riles? isn't she at class? I pick it up, I see who is on the screen, its Josh! I try not to panic, but I fail, I look at my phone with a giant smile on my face.

"Hey, Maya" 

"Hi, Josh. Um, why did you call?"

"Well,"

"Wait is this the deal that you and Riley made that if you let her text for a few minutes in class, she lets you facetime me?"

"Yeah, man she can text fast. so hows life"

"Its good, you?"

Josh stares at me and says "It could be better."

I wonder what he meant by that "What, why?"

"I wish I can see you everyday and that smile of yours." he answers

I just smile, I couldn't think of what else I can do. "Long game?"

"Long game. look I gotta go Maya, I have another class coming in about 3 minutes."

I was a little sad that he had to go, "Oh, ok I'll text Riley to give you my number."

"Yeah, okay, bye." the screen goes black.

"Bye, I love you." I say and carry on with my life as usual.