7

(A/N so I decided to change the time of season it is in the story, so instead of fall and them starting school, it's winter break so schools out for 2 weeks also there will be more Joshaya/Lucaya drama more in the story.)

Riley POV

It's the day before winter break and I'm super excited, in class we got minimum homework so that the holidays won't be as stressful as they already are. I had my whole 2 weeks planned out, I  was heading back home for Sunday through Tuesday to see my WHOLE family. Uncle Josh and I decided to make it easier that me and him would carpool and he would bring me to the Mount Sun Lodge. For the rest of the week I'll be there because I was invited to a holiday formal hosted by somebody anonymous, the invitation said this.

Riley Matthews, You are invited to the Mount Sun Lodge for a special 10 day stay for free. You may see some familiar faces! Hope you can make it! -Anon 

The invitation seemed almost cryptic to me, but I decided to go since I might see some familiar faces, I told Uncle Josh all about it and suggested I should go too. I started to carry my bags to Uncle Josh's dorm across campus. Once I got to his dorm I dropped my bags and knocked on the door, his roommate Andrew opened the door, they were real close friends since they've been roomates since their first year. Andrew got taller and knew me, right when he saw me he didn't see me as a middle schooler walking uninvited to his college party, he saw me as a young woman who was a feminist and wanted to make a change in the world. 

 "Hey Riley! Come on in!"

"Thanks Andrew!"

"So you're here waiting for Josh?" I nodded

"Yeah, we're going to my parents house to see the whole family for a few days." I said

"That's great, I wish I could do that but my family are down in Atlanta right now." I loved having Andrew as my friend on campus, he may be a lot older than me, but he reminded me of Zay, and he knew my family. Soon, Josh came out of the bathroom.

"Oh hey Riles, you ready?" Before I could talk Andrew blurted "Man, she was ready for like ever! She been here for like 15minutes already!" I laughed and so did Josh and Andrew.

"So I guess we should be going?" Uncle Josh said.

"Yeah, let's go, bye Andrew!" I said, Josh waved too and carried a lot of the bags.

"Hey, keep an eye on Josh on the road for me, he had a motorcycle accident in October but told no one but me. But have a great time, Riley, and don't tell him that I told you about this." Andrew said to me while Josh was down the hall, I nodded back an do left.

~~TIME SKIP~~

The ride was pretty smooth and Uncle Josh drove within the speed limit, I still was concerned on what Andrew told me. Before I knew it, I was in my in front of my door about to knock. I waited for Uncle Josh to get all the bags from the car until I knocked. A few minutes later Uncle Josh walks up with the rest of the bags and says "Don't just stand there! Let's see our family!" And he opened the door wide open leaving the bags in the hall, I joined him as we ran in yelling "We're HOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" And jump on the couch being the most childish beings we can be. My dad walks in from the hall saying "Oh look, the zoo animals have arrived." As we run to his open arms for a bear hug. Soon, mom walks in from the hall saying "What's with all the nose down here?" Once she sees me and Uncle Josh she yells "Oh goodness, son of a Matthews and daughter of a-Topanga!" And hugs both of us. "Hey, mom!" I say still hugging her, "Topanga!" Josh says as we still hug her.

Cory- "How come she gets longer hugs?!"

Topanga- "Cuz, they obviously love me more!" She says while sticking her tongue out