*6*

Farkle POV 

I looked outside of my apartment window, it was across the street from campus, and plus it was like Riley's room just a bit bigger with a kitchen and small living room. I sat on the bay window, it didn't feel right, I had nobody to share the moment with. I decided to call Riley, it's 10 in the morning and it's Sunday. I wanted to FaceTime her so I did.

"Hey Farkle!" she said with a tired, but warm smile.

"Hey Riles, I'm so sorry did I wake you?" I asked.

"Oh no, not at all. To be honest, I've been awake all morning."

"Oh okay, so um, how's school?" that's not actually what I wanted to talk about, I wanted to talk about what happened at the train station.

"Oh, well school is great." Riley answered a little down, my ray of sunshine has went from cheerful to gloomy.

"What's wrong?" 

"Oh it's just I wanted to talk about,"

"the kiss" we said in unison, she smiled again.

"I wanted to talk to you about it, but I didn't want to start our conversation with it." I said.

"I get it, that would've been totally awkward." she replied, I was so glad that she wasn't upset.

"So? Was it bad?" I asked not knowing what to say.

"No, it was good, but surprising." she answered, her cheeks grew a light pink.

"How come, we both felt it." I was really confused at the moment.

"No, I know, it's just did I lean in first or did you?" her words made her sound confused about the whole thing.

"We leaned in at the same time, Riles." I answered, I knew something was up with her.

"Okay Farkle." she said, then stayed silent for a while.

"Riley, is everything alright, is something or someone bothering you?" I wanted to know what or who broke Riley, she loves conversation why wouldn't she talk?

"How do I know when somebody truly loves me Farkle?" she asked with the same sad tone.

"Well, you know because that person loves you when you don't love yourself, they believe in you when you've lost hope. They care about you more than they could ever care about themselves." I replied.

She smiled warmly and got up from her bed and walked over to get something. It was a picture.

She held it in front of the camera, i smiled at her

"Remember this?" She said looking at it and showing it to me again.

"August 20th, Maya's 16th Birthday. Smackle couldn't come so I asked you and you said yes."  I remembered that day very well...

August 15th; 5 days until Maya's 16th Birthday