4. Christmas Parade

December

   It was the last day of school before we got three weeks off for winter break. Justin and I were sitting at what had become our go to spot- the bench where we met Jaime and Vic. We were waiting for the final bell to ring so we could finally be freed from hell.
    Jaime walked down the hall in our direction. "Merry Christmas!" he yelled.
  "It's December 3rd Sammy." Justin said.
   "Still on with the sammy thing huh?" Jaime laughed.

    We were all laughing and conversating when someone came from behind me and hugged me. I turned around when Justin groaned in annoyance. It was Vic. I turned and hugged him tighter and laughed awkwardly because of how shy i was. Jaime said his goodbyes and walked off.
   Vic and I were talking about hanging out during the break when all of a sudden Justin's phone started ringing. I stopped my sentence to Vic when i saw the look on Justin's face. He looked out to the street and back to me. When he hung up he hugged me and said goodbye to me.
   "Vic, i want you to know i don't like you"
And that was it from justin. He walked out of the building and to his moms car. I found out what happened months later, we'll get to that.

   Towards the middle of winter break, there was a Christmas parade i attended with Oli.
  A few of our friends were in the parade so we decided to go just for fun, and to cheer them on.
It was around 9:00pm. Oli and I were holding hands like we always did. We could never date each other because of how close we were, we just often held hands. We were walking through the crowds of people to look for our friends. I had one hand holding Oli's and one hand texting Vic.
  I made an "aw" sound and Oli asked "what?"
I showed him my screen. It was a text from Vic.
"I wish it was me holding your hand"
Oli smiled and we "awed" in unison.
  At this point, Vic had me wrapped around his finger and everyone knew it but me.

   Later on in winter break, I dragged Oli all the way across town just so i could see Vic for less than an hour. The whole way there i was texting him and flirting, but in person i was so shy. It was like this for weeks.

    One day, i was at the movies with a couple of my younger siblings, i took them as a Christmas gift. I got a notification and i checked it in hopes of it being Vic.

   It was Justin.
"Kellin I've been grounded i'll explain later but i want you to know that Vic is dating Haley."
    I stared at the message. I didn't even realize i was crying until one of my little sisters asked me what was wrong. I sat through the rest of the movie crying and as soon as i got home i deleted every picture i had of vic.