5. Just Keep Walking

January

    School was starting back up in about a week. Until then, i was working on getting over Vic.
  I was walking my little sister to the park one day when she pointed across the busy road and said "hey is that Beau?" i looked to where she was pointing and saw two boys riding skateboards.
"No i think its Chris and Andy" i looked harder and i noticed that one of the guys were staring at me.
  "Fuck!" i yelled. I realized who it was.
  "Kellin?" my sister was confused.
"It's Vic and Tony. Just keep walking and don't make eye contact."
  She did the exact opposite of what i said. She stared them down. I heard muttering from across the street.
"Isn't that Kellin?" i heard Tony's voice ask.
My sister was about to turn towards the park but i figured thats probably where the guys were headed, so i pushed her to keep walking.
"We'll go to another park, come on"

     --

   School had finally started. I had yet to see Vic which i was quite happy about.
  I was sitting with Pete at lunch when i got up to throw my trash away. I crossed paths with Vic and he looked at me with an almost sympathetic expression. I rolled my eyes at him and sat back down.
  As soon as he was out of sight i started crying to Pete about it. I told him about how close we had gotten and how he lead me on.
   "I'll beat his ass if i have to" Pete said trying to cheer me up. I mustered up a fake laugh and excused myself away from the table. I sat in a corner and cried for the rest of lunch.

-
  I had been avoiding Vic at all costs lately. I wanted nothing to do with him and i wanted him to know that. I made the mistake of "sub-tweeting" him because it was too obvious.
  Kellin: "it feels so great to get rid of the liars and the fakes in your life"
  I got a notification from my direct messages.
  "Well thanks." Vic said.
"Nobody said it was about you." i shot back.
"Well its only obvious."

   This turned into a huge argument that ended in me crying and blocking him.

    A few weeks later, Oli made another group chat to replace the old one that had died down. In it, was Vic and a few of our other friends. Oli wanted Vic and i to make up, but i was too scared to talk to him.

    After a couple days in the group chat, Vic and i eventually ended up talking. He texted me privately on my phone number and apologized for everything, told me that he had broken up with Hayley, and that he had moved on from the past.
We continued to talk and agreed on being friends again.