(nine.) first impressions

i rushed to bathroom leaving avrey and ellie shocked. "i think she smoked those leafy things again" ellie whispered to her. they were very adorable but they did tend to show off their mother's judgmental side sometimes.

i grabbed the sink and looked at myself in complete panic my arms shaking and my heart racing. what the hell was he doing here. "babe you okay in there?" karen said and i nodded to myself before opening the door and did the same. i was nervous especially now chase made my heart race. and he was a sight for sore eyes as well.

i slowly took my spot near my avrey and right across from chase who stared at me with every movement. "oh you have a daughter?" the woman nosily asked karen who cough slightly indicating how uncomfortable she was discussing the topic.

"nah she isn't my mom, he's my dad though" i simply said laying that to rest. all that came out of her mouth was a simple oh but i could feel her judging me. looking at me and knowing i wasn't part of the elite society they had all formed for themselves.

dinner conversation went on the girls trying to partake in it but i didn't wanna look up. i didn't wanna meet chase's eyes, he kicked me and i winced "ow" i said out loud everyone turned to me.

"ow yeah this food is good!" i covered it up not as smoothly as i thought it would be in my head. chase chuckled under his breath and mom shot him a glare then turned to me.

she was a brown haired human with bright blue eyes that seemed so intense they could peer into one's soul "so" she paused taking a sip of her wine "do you two know each other from school yet?"

i glanced at chase and he had a sly smirk glued to his pretty boy face "i mean you could say that" i smiled warmly at chase's mother who simply nodded having another sip of the white wine.

after more pointless discussions dinner was over my father asked chase's father to join him in the office for whiskey and talk while the women catch up. it was like some ridiculous fifties tv show. ellie and avrey were being captivated by the idea of snapchat thanks to chase's little sister charlotte.

charlotte was pretty especially for a thirteen year old her eyes were bright blue but her hair was dark as night a resemblance from their grandmother's side chase's dad said. she seemed like you're typical tween girl absolutely obsessed with shawn mendes and couldn't stop talking about him.

"can you show me your room?" chase asked. i hesitantly obliged and as we walked up the stairs i could feel his eyes linger on my ass.

we reached the upstairs and i showed him the guest room which was converted into my room thanks to karen. she didn't know what i liked so the room was plain white and there was one single huge bed a dresser and small desk to the side. boring.

he took a seat on the bed and motioned for me to sit next to him. i was completely terrified i had never been this close to a boy, i liked my privacy and i liked my situation with my mother and father private and thats how i liked it. "you didn't tell me we were to be neighbors i could have driven you home"

"yeah" i said, i was usually mouthy but at this moment i didn't know what to say. i kept fiddling with my hands and my eyes were glued to the ground staring at my feet. i couldn't imagine how horrible i looked at this moment.

"why won't you talk!" he playfully pushed me

i pushed him back "because i don't want to."

his eyes became squinted "why not?"

i shoved him again a little harder "because"

he began tickling me trying to get me to laugh but he didn't know where i was ticklish at so it was a complete fail until he finally found it my secret spot. my sides i began bursting out laughing.

"stop it-" i laughed "i don't wanna laugh-" i said continuing and he made weird sounds.

"nah you want to" he smiled foolishly and continued in this what could only be described as torture. i continued laughing "you have the cutest laugh in this planet i swear to god" he said continuing until i finally got him on the floor from moving too much.

"ha sike you just got caught slackin'" i said pointing at him he looked up pondering.

"thats what you think" he said before yanking on my foot until i was on the ground with him. we rolled him trying to tickle me until i finally landed on top of him but just as soon the door opened .

it was karen coming to check up on us "oh— i will— um come back later" she said.

"ugh goddamit—" i began to explain but the door got slammed shut "it's not what you think"

(.   AUTHORS NOTE.  )

( FIRST DAY BACK TO SCHOOL TMRW/ TODAY CAUSE ITS 12 AM HERE WISH ME LUCK )