(ten.) the date

it had been two weeks since the dinner party.

two weeks since i had spoken to chase. every time i would see him i would avoid him. and i haven't been at school for much. my mother overdosed again. the first ten times it was hurtful and i feared for her life. but slowly over the year i have began realizing the world would be better off.

i know it's a cruel thing to say about someone who has given life to you but my life is shitty anyways. since then the government has thrown her back into rehab two months this time. i had been staying with my father and his perfect family.

i was getting along with karen and dad surprisingly. karen was always busy with her women's book club on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays and dad was busy with work from dusk till dawn. on those days i would pick up the girls and drop them off to karate or soccer practice depended on the day. then justin would come over.

justin had been better than ever. the sex distracted him from heroin which i was proud of him for. i on the other hand needed the money so the business did not stop. if my new family found out they would disown me so i couldn't let them. i wouldn't let them for once a frazier was not gonna screw it up.

i walked down the hallway as i had done countless of times before being roped and spun into a corner by the charming justin foley. his hair always smelled like strawberries when he was happy.

"you are in a good mood, the occasion?" i asked him and he smiled widely not trying to hide it "okay damn i know i didn't make you feel that good last night so tell me goof"

"oh baby you could never make me feel that good. . ." he smirked. i playfully shoved him as we made our way to my locker.

"and now that we have the lies out of the way" i laughed and opened my locker. the locker suddenly slammed and i felt a presence behind me. he inched closer to my view. chase.

he looked so handsome like always his blonde hair messy and his blue eyes with a hint of anger and desperation. "you are always avoiding me can you just go out with me goddamn" he said in a tone of seriousness. people had began staring at us "well what do you say?"

he was wearing  and long sleeve white champion t-shirt it was loose fitting. his arm still on the locker, he finally noticed justin and did the class guy nod "oh hey man didn't see you there i was just distracted with the most beautiful woman i have ever seen" he bit his lip in a cringy manner  and i rolled my eyes.

"what do i get if i say yes?" i said to him and i could feel justin get angry. chase scoffed and just smiled.

"could you possibly say no to this cute face" he said and i i really couldn't.

i nodded "yeah sure just tell me when" justin squeezed my hand in a manner of protest, he did not like chase one bit and i could not decipher why. chase seemed like on of the good guys.

"i'll pick you up tonight how about that" he smirked. i simply nodded he kissed my cheek and exchanged glances with justin before leaving. i slammed my locker shut a ridiculous smile on my face.

"don't go out with him" justin finally spoke as we began walking to class. we had first period together and he didn't care much about his education so he always came empty handed. his goal in that class was to torment me and touch my thigh while i tried my best to comprehend what was happening.