Chapter 5

"It is just a promise I made with a person, and I am afraid that it will be too late when I finally find what I am looking for..."

"Too late?" Karma asked "What will happen if it is too late?"

"I don't know. He never said clearly... but I don't wanna risk it. He may die, he may disappear, but only when I find love I will be able to talk to him. That's why I have to find it.. "
---

Flashback
One and a half years ago

It was a rainy night. You heard him sighing, ready to tell you what was on his mind.

"What's wrong?" You asked worried "What did you want to talk about?"

You raised your hand to touch his hair, but he just grabbed it and stopped your movement. He glared at you.

"Stop it, please. Let me talk"

"Then just do it" you said annoyed by his hesitation.

"I want to break up with you, Y/N."

You had never felt this cold. You froze right in front of him, unable to say anything.

"Oh God, is this really your reaction?" He murmured "I am sorry, but I can't keep up with this relationship. I feel... ridiculous"

"R...ridiculous? Why would you feel like that being with me?"

"Because, Y/N, it is well known that you are good for nothing. Your grades are very low, your charm is so fake, you are slow in realising everything... I can't keep doing this. You have to know, I need to be with someone of higher... quality."

"I... I told you I will try and..."

"There is nothing more to say. Don't talk to me at school if possible"

He left you alone in the night, in the coldness and nothingness. You felt worthless. A nothing. Your mind was blank, yet you couldn't stop crying. You whispered his name to yourself, wishing for him to hear and realise how much you loved him.

He never came back to you.

You ran to the dark streets, having no idea where to go. You kept screaming and shouting, kept running as if it would save you from yourself.

You had always known you were nothing. You had heard that thing by countless people. Yet, having him by your side, you somehow felt... important.

Not anymore.

"Damn! Damn! Damn you!"

You kept swearing, ignoring the people shouting curses at you and trying to stop you.

Even when someone screamed" Be careful" to you while passing the road, you ignored him.

It was too late when you felt your head being crashed by a car.
--

For the next two days, you were unconscious at the hospital. When you woke up, you found out that your eyes and ears were hurt. Doctors had put bandages around them. You couldn't see, and every sound coming to you was like digitally edited.

"It will take time for your ears to fully heal. But you will take off the bandages when your eyes heal, in a few days."the doctor said.

Kayano, Yukiko and your parents were coming to visit you daily, but one day, another person came. You couldn't see him, you couldn't hear his real voice, and he wouldn't tell you his name.

"You really are stupid... you were running like a psycho, ignoring my warning to be careful... I had to bring you here. You were such a pain..."

"Are you the one... who saved me?"