Chapter 9

'If you wanna hurry and find love quickly, I suggest you dating me.

I think Hiro-kun would agree with me'

You just couldn't stop thinking about this letter Karma had left behind after detention.

How the heck does he know Hiro's name? I clearly remember that I never told him... could they be friends? Could he have searched my contacts and found him? But still, he wouldn't know who this random Hiro-kun is. And also, how dares he using Hiro-kun's name to persuade me to date him?

Could he...

Hell no.

It's Akabane the one we are talking about. Come to your senses, Y/N.

I have to find out more about this.
---
As long as you remembered, it was always Karma trying to approach you and annoy you, and you ignoring him.

You never expected that the opposite would ever happen.

"Akabane!"you called out to him when you saw him the next morning before entering the class"I want to ask you something..."

He yawned.

"Not now, Y/N, I am too sleepy to answer anything... "

You tried multiple times before the beginnings of each lesson.

"Not now, Y/N, the lesson is about to begin..."

During breaks.

"Akaban-"

"I need to go to the restroom, Y/N, please don't follow me."

After Karma's restroom time.

"Oh, some seniors are bullying Nagisa. Sorry, I have to go"

After helping Nagisa.

"Fighting made me hungry. Let's go to the canteen, Nagisa"

And if you followed him to the canteen... well, you couldn't do that because he was alone with Nagisa, and you were still on awkward terms with the blue haired boy. Except that, Kayano had panicked.

"What is wrong with you?! Why are you following Karma-kun everywhere??! I really thought that you would enter the men's bathroom before. Look, I know you said that the letters on his desk yesterday were written by him, but right now you are creeping me out and I will end up doubting even my own existence."

"Kayano, can you calm down??"

You explained everything to her -she and Yukiko knew about Hiro's story, but until this day they were doubting his existence. That was because no matter how often they were visiting you at the hospital back then, they had never met him. Even after telling them, they were insisting that it was a pretty weird situation and you'd better not pay attention to him.

"This Hiro-guy again? Y/N, even after so much time, you are still thinking about him? He was a weirdo, don't you get it? Avoiding all of us, not revealing his identity and showing such an interest in you... those are creepy things."

Of course, they couldn't understand how Hiro was. He was indeed weird, but he was also sincerely caring for you- you didn't even know how you were this sure about it. At first you were kind of angry about their thoughts on Hiro, but after giving it a second thought, you realised that you would feel the same in their place. Weird guys approaching your friends was totally a no-no for you.

However, you didn't give up.

It was gym class. After changing, you approached Karma, who was talking with Nagisa and Isogai at that moment.