Chapter 28

Tuesday. You woke up conquered by millions of happy feelings, even if you were slow to realise the reason. But then you did.

He is my date today...

You couldn't even imagine that. As long as you remembered yourself, you and him were either enemies or simple classmates. Now, he was your date.

Your VIP date.

It was unbelievable.

You unconsciously paid more attention to your dressing today. You went downstairs and after eating your breakfast, you were about to leave. Your mum suddenly approached you, held your arm and smiled creepily at you.

"Um... mum, I have to go, I will be late for school..." you murmured but she smiled even more.

"Sweety... why is he waiting for you outside?"she asked and you didn't understand what she meant.

"What are you talking about mum?"

"Oh don't play dump to me... this red classmate of yours, Karma! He is waiting for you!"

You wide opened your eyes and looked outside the window.

Karma was indeed standing in the cold, waiting for you. You could see his breath freezing in the air.

"Um... how long he's been standing there?"you asked

"Almost fifteen minutes" your father said and you sighed.

You really are stupid... why the hell are you waiting in the cold for me?

You went outside, holding a lunchbox with you. When Karma saw you, he smiled and came closer to you, offering to hold your bag.

"Good morning" he said and took your bag before you could insist on keeping it.

"Hey" you murmured" Why are you this early here?"

"To pick you up for school, idiot... I didn't know the exact time you were leaving from home, so I came here early.."he said calmly.

"But... you could have called me..."

He winked.

"Surprises are better though~"

Hot mess... damn you...

"Oh shut up and take this" you told him and passed him the box, and you started heading to school. He walked besides you.

"What is this?"he asked, trying to open the box while walking.

"Cookies... my mum just made them, they are still warm. Eat them... your have been freezing out here for fifteen minutes..." you said and looked at him, because he was late to answer. He was also staring at you, surprised."What?"

"It's just... this is the first present you ever gave me..." he said and you thought about it for a while. It indeed was.

"Wh... What are you surprised for? You are my date, so it's okay for me to give you things..." you tried to justify yourself.

He smirked and approached you, pushing your shoulder with his playfully.

"So... you are treating me just like everyone else? You have given to your other dates presents too? Like cookies?"he asked and you gasped, blushing and trying to look away from him.

"No one else was such an idiot to wait outside my house in the middle of winter, so of course you are the only one taking cookies..." you said and you were fascinated by his happy and proud face.

"Really? Then... after becoming your boyfriend, should I wait outside your house every day?"he asked, liking his own idea.

"Hey, I can't force my mum to bake cookies every day for you...and hey, what's up with this confidence? How do you know you will become my boyfriend after this dating day of ours?"