Chapter 20

A/N: Happy 20th chapter :3
---

"Idiot... you took my coat with you and not yours..."

You dragged Karma with you out of the restaurant, and made him sit on a bench. You glared at him.

"That's not important... I told you that it was better not to come with us! Look at you now... your back still hurts and you can't take proper care of yourself!"

You were surprised by how angry your voice sounded.

I probably look like a furious mum right now...

"What if something worse happens? You didn't have to get up like that just because Asano is... is..."

You didn't want to curse and you became even angrier just by saying his name. In the end, Karma sighed and took your hand in his, making you sit besides him. It was cold, but it gave you a warm feeling.

"Are you angry at me, or at him?"

It was the first time that his touch was so needed by you. You wanted him to hold your hand... and you instantly felt better.

"Both of you" you murmured, having a hard time looking away from his eyes.  They were so caring once again.

"I don't know what he wants... but be careful not to stay alone with him. He keeps saying that he wants to talk with you... and I don't like it. He was horrible at you in the past, he is still horrible, so stick with m... us." Karma said in soft voice that made you totally forget even your existence for a moment.

"I will try... but promise me you won't do something like that again. I am more worried for your health than him talking to me. The others are also with me, you don't have to do anything"you said and gave him his coat.

He sighed unsatisfied by the fact that you wouldn't help him wear it this time and he stood up. His eyes were into yours, totally melting you.

"I won't promise that, because... do you know what it felt like when Maehara protected you from Asano... and I was there just looking? I won't let a hurt back or hand stop me. I promised your parents I will take care of you. Stay here."he said and entered the restaurant again, leaving you alone.

Only after he left you realised how freezing cold it was. Your several layers of sweater and other clothes didn't seem to be enough to prevent the cold from torturing you.

Akabane...

All your anger was gone, leaving behind a fast-beating heart. Karma returned holding your coat. You were about to take it but then he sat he lowered his body, stood on his knees and put your coat around your shoulders. You could feel his affection down to the bone.

He stayed there.

"I want to ask you something, again..."he softly said but it you instantly knew what it was.

"I...hey, the others are coming" you said relieved to see Kayano and the others coming towards you.

Karma looked at you for a while, before getting up with you.

"Whoa!" Maehara exclaimed, smirking"I feel that whenever I approach you, I interrupt something!"

The others smiled at the two of you. Karma sighed indeed annoyed by their interruption, and you lowered your head in embarrassment.

"Anyways, mister Noah said that we are going skiing now." Yukiko said and you instantly felt excitement. It was time for activities to begin.

"Too bad I can't go skiing... I am really good at it" Karma murmured, and you weren't surprised. He was good in every sport.

"Dangerous for your back?" Isogai asked and Karma nodded.

"But I will be okay with things like skating" Karma added.

"We will do this in the afternoon. Come on, Naoh is waiting" Maehara said and with boys in front you walked towards the adult. Kayano and Yukiko walked next to you, looking at you worried.

"Are you okay? Asano was too much before... it looks like he won't leave you alone easily" Yukiko said and Kayano nodded.

"I wanted to punch him soooo hard, but I feel like a green sheep on front of him... and Maehara acted on time. That was so cool of him!" Kayano said and right then you noticed Nagisa glancing sadly at her.

So, Nagisa-kun... are you jealous?

"Forget that guy, and lets focus on the trip. And indeed, I have to thank Maehara later on..." you murmured, when you yourself couldn't actually forget what happened.

You didn't feel for Asano anything similar to what you used to, but he could easily upset you. What trick was he trying to pull by behaving like this?

You, your friends and A-class prepared for skiing, wearing all the things that were needed.  Karma, unable to join you, had sat at a cafeteria somewhere higher so he could watch you. The truth was that not having him around you was... kind of lonely.

All your friends were talking about different kinds of things, but you just couldn't focus. You found yourself glancing up all the time...

When did I become like this?

"E-Class!" Asano shouted at you and all of you turned towards him. He and his friends walked to your place and stopped right in front of you.

"What do you want, again?" Maehara murmured annoyed and Asano smiled. It used to be a smile that you loved.

"Woah, don't kill me, playboy. I just wanted to say... since we are here, why not compete with each other? Lets have a 1-1 skiing competition, and the team with the most wins, wins overall. It is better than badmouthing or hitting each other, don't you think?"

"Funny coming from you..." Yukiko murmured and Asano glared at her.

"You are going to play dirty, aren't you?" Maehara asked and Asano nodded negatively.

"I don't like you, but I have pride. I won't give it up for your sake, I'm sorry."

"All of you looked at each other and turned your gazes on Isogai. As a class representative, you trusted his decision. He was surprised to realise he was the one answer, and gasped, observing your eyes.

The truth: all of you wanted to compete against them.

"We will play your game, Asano. But what happens if we win?"

Asano gave it a thought.

"If you win, we will leave you alone for the rest of the day. If we win...you will have to obey our orders. The orders of the one you competed against."

You gasped. The bet was too cruel, but on the other hand, you wished more than anything for them to leave you alone.

"Deal" Isogai said and nodded.

Asano smiled and turned his purple orbs on you.

"Lets choose opponents then... Y/N, would you like to be mine?"

You glanced up one last time. Karma looked back at you, having no idea what was going on.

Akabane... I'm sorry, I will make you worry one last time...