Chapter 11

For a second you couldn't think of anything else except the damage that would be inflicted on your back as soon as it met the ground. But then, Karma hurried and grabbed your hand to keep you up on the pole. However, that move of his caused the whole pole to lean towards the direction you were falling to, and it fell along with you.

Still, no matter how much you expected pain to come, it never did.

Your one hand was still in Karma's, and your body had been warped around by his. When you opened the eyes, you realised he had hugged you during the fall. His back had hit the ground. You were lying on him, holding his hand and his other one had prevented the pole from falling on you and sandwiching you between him and the pole itself.

How did he stop the pole with just one hand?!

Your wide open eyes met his calm ones. He seemed to be in pain no matter how much he tried to hide it. Something warm fell on your back; it was blood from his hand that stopped the pole. Still, he smirked and held your hand tightly.

"Why did you leave my shoulders? You had to hold me tight... as tight as possible. Now look at us..."he said and put that signature smirk on his face.

You couldn't look away from him. He was like this because he protected you. He had pulled the pole with him during his try to save you from falling.

Akabane...

"Are you an idiot?! You had to let me fall! The damage would have been much less than this!"you said with teary eyes.

Someone grabbed your waist and dragged you behind. It was Kayano. You hadn't noticed all the students had come around Karma, shocked by what happened.

"Karma! Are you Okay?!"teacher said and rushed to Karma's side.

The red haired boy nodded.

"I am okay, teacher. I just need a little help to get up"

Isogai and Maehara helped him to carefully get up. His back wasn't bleeding but he had difficulty in moving. Also, the pole was extremely heavy, so when it hit his hand, it was severely hurt.

"You should go to the infirmary. Isogai, Nagisa, Maehara, take him there. The rest of you are free, and try not to spread a word about what happened."

You couldn't look away from Karma. He just smiled at you, reassuring you that he was fine, but the blood on his hand and his painful eyes just wouldn't let your heart rest. It was beating faster and faster, your eyes wouldn't stop tearing;you felt as if you had killed a person or something. And that was because no one had ever hurt himself because of you; neither because you hurt him or because he saved you.

You saw him turning his back and walking slowly to the infirmary. The whole class soon left the field. You were left alone with Yukiko and Kayano, hugging you and patting your hair.

"Don't cry, Y/N. It was not your fault."Yukiko said but it didn't really make you feel any better.

We were just treating each other like this... he was annoying me and I hated him. And now what was this? Why did he have to do that? Akabane...

"It was amazing though. Karma-kun would indeed save any classmate if needed, but I never expected something like this." Kayano murmured.

He would have saved any classmate. Was this really it?

Right then, Kayano looked behind your back and her eyes expressed her surprise and hatred towards what she saw. But even before turning your head to see, you heard someone clapping and talking to you.

"That was a nice game, Y/N. I would love to see more of it, but it ended quickly."

You froze. Even your eyes instantly became dry when you realised who was standing right behind you. Yukiko looked there too and also became furious at the sight of that person.

You were the last one to turn around. Right in front of you was standing that one guy you hadn't talked with for almost one and a half years. There used to be a time in which you were in love with that person.

"What do you want?!" Kayano said ready to explode from anger.

He didn't even look at her. His eyes were just on you.

"I wanted to congratulate you for your win. I happened to watch the whole game, I didn't have any lessons. You were amazing Y/N, I had no idea you could be like that. And don't worry for Akabane, he could survive even stronger pain. He will be okay."

He tried to wipe the tears that had been left under your eyes, but you were fast enough to slap his hand away. The weird thing was that he had not made you angry with his sudden appearance after such a long time, but because of what he had said about Karma. He looked so indifferent about it, as if it would had been better for him if the red-haired boy had died or something.

"Asano, what do you really want?" Yukiko said under her teeth, a rare version of her.

Asano Gakushu from class 3-A. The son of the school's principal, one of the best students, famous for his grades and his other abilities overall. He sighed after you rejected his hand, but didn't seem actually annoyed. Instead, he was kind of satisfied by your reaction.

"I want to talk with Y/N"he admitted and you felt like cold water had be thrown all over you.

He was the last person you wanted to be alone with at the moment.

Kayano sensed your feelings and glared one last time at him, before walking away with you and Yukiko.

"You'd better not show your face around us again, Asano, just like you had been doing this whole time."

Yet, you could feel his eyes following you till you finally disappeared from his sight. And for some reason, you had a weird feeling that you would meet him soon again.
---

Karma was looking at the field from the infirmary's window, while the nurse was treating his wounded hand. He felt a sudden pain in his chest when he saw a certain someone talking to you. Judjing from Kayano and Yukiko, he was really bad news. Well, everyone in 3-E class hated him.

Nagisa, Isogai and Maehara were in the same room, not wanting to leave his side.

"Does any of you know if Asano is anyhow related to Y/N?"

The answer came from Maehara, who looked at him as if it was absurd not to know such a thing. Well, Maehara was popular among the whole school, even though he was in 3-E class, so he was the most likely to know every gossip.

What Karma heard hurt him way more than his back or hand.

"Are you kidding? Asano is Y/N's ex boyfriend."

---
A/N: to you who is reading this now... I love you <3  >_< !!!