Twenty

but I don't want to complete my college checklist i wanna write about kiran and kaldur :(

Beast Boy would not shut up as we walked along the streets of Happy Harbor, a large and strange group.

On top of this being his first regular outing as a regular human in years (thanks to another glamor charm of Zatanna's), Garfield was undeniably excited about Aqualad joining the team on their night out. Not even the fact that Miss Martian had elected to stay behind could dampen the teenager's mood, especially not after Kaldur agreed to let him ride on his shoulders, leaving Superboy slightly jealous.

Robin, and Virgil- Static- talked with Lagoon Boy as they walked. Bart and Cassie excitedly discussed what they would do tonight, while Jaime eavesdropped. Artemis and Batgirl talked about something I couldn't hear, and Mal and Karen led the way, pointing out the various sights of Happy Harbor that had filled their teenage years.

"..And that's where the Bowl-r-Rama used to be," Mal pointed out to Jaime and me. "Man, we had some fun times there, didn't we, Con?" He grinned at Superboy.

Connor grunted, holding back a smile. "Yeah. In High School."

"But we went to the skating rink too, and that was always fun." Karen reminded him.

"I think Wendy works there now..." Connor mumbled to himself as we reached the aforementioned skating rink. Mal held the door open for all of us. We we're a big group, but we were the only ones there.

Arcade games were set up all around the outer, carpeted rim of the smooth wooden rink, indented a few inches deeper in the floor. There was a snack and soft drink bar across the rink, manned by a single woman in the otherwise empty rink.

"Hey guys!" The man behind the check-in counter waved at Karen, Mal, and Connor, who waved back enthusiastically.

"Hey Marv! Lookin' good!" Mal said, handing his old friend a wad of twenties to pay for everyone. Each team member had handed over their share back at the Watchtower.

"Alright, slide on over to the fitting station, and I'll help y'all get some skates!"

I couldn't help but laugh, pulling Beast Boy and Aqualad with me over to the rows and rows of skates.

"They're all so boring," Garfield pouted, his bottom lip sticking out ever so slightly as he took in all the dull blue and red stiff leather skates older than time itself.

"Then you should have brought your own," Superboy told him. He wasn't getting skates. He was just there for the food and to get out of the tower for a while, much like myself and Kaldur.

"Hey Kaldur, are you going to put on skates too?" I asked, finally locating a pair in my size. I looked over my shoulder and found Kaldur hanging back by Superboy, sitting at the only table in the area that would even remotely be able to fit all of us here.

"I believe I will sit out, at least for now."

"Oh, okay." I tried not to sound disappointed.

"Kiran come on!" Cassie, Tim, and Jaime were already in the rink, desperately trying to balance themselves on the slippery floor as disco music started to play, and the huge, shiny disco ball began to reflect the colorful laser lights.

I decided to take it slow, gradually making my way around the rink while Artemis and Batgirl offered to help Garfield, who rejected and tried to go on his own. Bart and Cassie both pulled Jaime and Tim after them, trying to see just how fast they could go without falling down.

My best friend was the first to fall down.

"Cassie!" I cried, forcing myself to skate and not fly over to her. I was surprised when she jumped back up to her feet- still in skates- without Tim's offered help.