Ch 3: Repairing the Broken

HEY AWESOMETTES AND AWESOMITES!!

ON WITH THE STORY!!

I wake from my dreamless sleep completely at ease and well rested, for once

I wake from my dreamless sleep completely at ease and well rested, for once. I blink a few times to be sure my eyes are actually open.

Where am I? And why is it so dark?

I try to gather info on my surroundings, but the strong arm around my waist protests when I start moving.

Soft lips press the sensitive skin at the back of my neck. "Go back to sleep lobo (love)." He rasps.

Daniel's husky morning voice always puts a smile on my face...or moisture in my draws. It depends upon how I'm feeling.

"I need to call Gin and Toni." I say, trying to lift the steel beam from around my waist.

He tightens his hold, drawing me closer to his warmth. I can't lie. I miss being here. It feels like...

Home.

"I already did that." He replies.

I huff. "I need to call home."

The sound of his laugh caresses my eardrums. The vibration sinking into me.

"Can I call?" He says teasingly.

I smile, rolling my eyes. "You're always tryin' to start trouble."

I feel him smile against my neck. Tiny hills erect across my skin at the stimulation. Like the MVP just walked on the field and they're cheering in adoration.

"Not always. And don't roll your eyes at me woman." He says with another neck kiss before releasing me.

How did he know I rolled my eyes?

I feel his weight leave the cloud-like mattress. I regret waking him. I miss his warmth already.

Shortly after the curtains open allowing sunlight to pour in. He immediately regrets it. "Ahh it burns!" He yells.

I giggle. "That's what you get for having blackout curtains in a penthouse, in Miami."

He answers with a nonchalant shrug. "I have late hours. It keeps the night in, and the day out."

I reach over to the nightstand to retrieve my phone and realize I don't have my red and black bodycon dress on anymore.

Instead, I'm sporting a large Daniel-scented t-shirt. I look up at him with a few non-verbal questions.

His head cocks to the side in appraisal. "One, it's at the dry cleaners. Two, I'm familiar with your body Alexis..."

He leans toward me, placing his hands on either side of my thighs. His eyes gazing into mine. "...or have you forgotten?"