Ch 7: When the Levee Breaks Pt 2

HEY AWESOMETTES & AWESOMITES!!

DANIEL APOLOGIZES FOR THE LAST CHAPTER, BUT HE HAD SOME UNFINISHED BUSINESS WITH ALEXIS. HE CAN THINK STRAIGHT NOW.

GET YOUR TEA CUPS, AND WINE GLASSES READY. IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN...

BACK AT THE RESTAURANT WITH BRUCE AND PAIGE...

Paige walks out of the restaurant, torn by the look of longing on Bruce's face as he watches a taxi leave.

I thought we got back together because he wanted to try again... If I...If I knew that I was just a rebound. I wouldn't have bothered.

She walks closer to him. "Bruce..."

He doesn't hear her the first time, still caged in his thoughts.

She hesitantly touches his shoulder. "Bruce..." She calls once more. Her voice cracking with emotion.

He turns to her with an unreadable expression. Like looking at her, but not seeing her.

She looks down, clearing her throat. "I-I going to go. It's obvious that you still love her. And I can't—won't be the other woman. I deserve better. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

She walks around him, toward the street, hailing a taxi since Bruce was her ride.

He just watches her walk away, but his mind sees her as Alexis, leaving all over again.

His jaw pulses at his thoughts obscure. His veins throbbing vengefully under his perfectly tempered skin.

That pretty Muthaf***ah might have her now, but this ain't over.

With a determined scowl he strolls toward his car. Seemingly at ease despite the violent thoughts he's having.

Once inside, he speed dials a number he knows well.

"Yo..."

"Noke. I need you to do some digging for me..."

THE NEXT AFTERNOON

I open my eyes, blinking a few times to clear my vision. Stretching a little, loosening my muscles.

"Sh**..." I feel the tenderness between my thighs and close my eyes reminiscing about last night until I get the strength to sit up.

Dam* I'm sore.

I turn my head to observe Daniel's sleeping form. The sun accentuating the contours of his resting face.

Highlighting the details of the tattoos on his chiseled chest as it rises and falls gently with each breath.

His long hair is spread messily across the pillow, and over his torso.

As my eyes take in the slight part of his lips, I think on how perfectly they fit against mine. 

And that magical tongue. 

I recall the way he used it to blow my mind.

He shifts in his sleep, his biceps flexing. I almost drool thinking about his strong arms wrapped around me in the most intimate ways.

His hands touching, stroking, caressing, gripping me, and holding me close.

I bite my lip with a smile. Allowing my eyes to travel farther down his sculpted body. Taking my time to count each abdominal muscle before venturing further.

I really shouldn't have done that.

He stands proudly, like a monument of absolute perfection.