Ch 8: Black & Noke, Better than Rum & Coke

HEY AWESOMETTES & AWESOMITES!! BACK AT IT.

GETTING READY TO GO TO LOS ANGELES FOR A MONTH OR UNTIL GOD SAYS TO COME BACK...IF HE SAYS COME BACK. WE WILL SEE. I DON'T HAVE PLANS. GOD OPENS DOORS AND I WALK THROUGH THEM, THAT IS MY OCCUPATION. I DO NOT LIMIT GOD WHEN IT COMES TO PLANS. WHAT HE SAYS GOES. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HE GOT PLANNED.

I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

WHERE WE LEFT OFF...(I FEEL LIKE I'M WRITING A TV SHOW...)

IN HER OFFICE

Paige picks up her phone and sends a text. We need to talk, ASAP.

She gets reply a few moments later. When?

Tomorrow. Morning. 8am, your place.

Okay. See you then.

She places her phone in her purse and finishes packing her things in her briefcase.

Bruce pops his head in the door. "Ready babe?"

She smiles, nodding. "Yeah."

THE NEXT MORNING

Paige waits anxiously in front of a door.

The door opens revealing someone that instantly compels the blood in her veins to flow chaotically.

"Never thought we'd meet again."

She walks in remembering the last time she was here. Her mind replaying the director's cut of what happened, as she slowly passes the kitchen.

"Well, desperate times..." She mumbles.

He steps right behind her, whispering in her ear. "Desperate? If you wanted a repeat, all you had to do was say so."

She turns to him with a sharp finger. "I told you, never again. That was before Bruce and I got ba-"

She interupts herself with a wave of her hand. "-that's not why I'm here!"

He cocks his head to the side with a smirk. Thoroughly enjoying how flustered she is.

"Then why are you here kitten?" He asks, taking her elevated hand in his and placing a delicate kiss on her palm.

She clears her suddenly desert-like throat. "I-I need your help."

His smirk spreads as he plays with her fingers. "With..."

She leans against the wall closest to her for support. "It's Bruce...he's talking to an old friend. A person that is...not so good."

He cages her between himself and the wall behind her. Leaning down, so that his eyes are level with hers. "And what can I do about that?"

Her pulse races at his proximity, causing her to swallow hard. "Watch him."

He shakes his head. "I can't tail your boyfriend for talking to the wrong person. Are they doing something illegal? I need more than he's talking to him."

A thoughtful sigh is her response, knowing he's right. She looks up into his hypnotic hazel eyes.

"Miles. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a bad feeling about this."

She gently pushes his chest away from her. "I know intuition means almost nothing, but I feel in my gut that something isn't right."

Her hands rest on her curvy hips as she paces away from him. "I think it has to do with Alexis and Daniel." She voices as her brain begins to put things together.