Ch 16: Not Letting Go

HEY AWESOMETTES & AWESOMITES!! I KNOW, I KNOW, LONG TIME NO UPDATE. BUSY LIFE.

THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS AND VOTES!

YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO GET UP ON STEVEN FURTICK. CHECK HIM OUT!

WHERE WE LEFT OFF

OUTSIDE POV

They finally make it to the hospital. Kane follows until the nurses stop him. He watches as they wheel his little brother out of sight. He walks out of the hospital and drops to his knees. I looks at his little brother's blood coating his hands. Every form of rage bubbles inside him. Pulsing and festering into vengeance.

He stands to his feet calmly, and cracks his neck. He sees a black SUV rapidly approaching. Before it fully stops the door flies opens and Gabe comes running out. It breaks Kane's heart to see the pain in his baby brother's eyes. He catches him in an embrace. Gabe falling onto him as if he doesn't have enough strength to hold himself up anymore.

Shortly after, another SUV approaches. Again, before the SUV can park, the door flies open and Alexis comes barreling toward them. Kane and Gabe open their arms to receive her.

Eagle calmly walks up communicating with his eyes. Kane shakes his head. Eagle tenses his jaw, looking away with a sniff. "Da**..."

NOW...

DANIEL

I wake briefly when I feel a jolt to my system. I try to open my eyes, but I can't. All I want to do is sleep. I start to drift back out...the calm calling to me. Peace unlike anything I've ever felt. All I want to do is embrace it. I begin to fall into it. Until I feel another jolt to my system.

Why can't I just sleep? How many times do we have to repeat the same thing? Leave me alone.

I hear muttering, or mumbling or something. I try to listen harder.

"You better fu**ing fight you little sh**. Please..."

I try to smile. Knowing it's Kane. But it's like my body isn't mine anymore. I want to tell him, I'm fine, no pain. Just tired. I feel I'm moving. Light dancing behind my eyelids. I see Alexis and my heart soars.

My Light

My Light.

I'm back at her place. We're on her bed...just talking like we usually do. Planning for the future. She's wrapped in my arms. Her warm soft supple skin against mine. I smile. She smells a little like jasmine, but a lot like me. Which I am more than proud of. Da** I could stay like this forever...