•Smile•Chapter 5•

•Your POV•

Well my stomach has been feeling better. I am now able to walk without the support. Although Akashi still insists that I stay here. Mainly because my parents are always gone and he doesn't want me to get hurt again. He is definitely protective.

If he ever hears those girls spreading rumors, he will usually tell them off. At this point, they just keep their opinions to themselves.

Today was the school competition and Akashi was my partner. The event is a three legged race. The class picked a team to sponsor them and it was Akashi and I.

Akashi and I tie our legs together and wait for the whistle.

3.....2.....1.....GO!

We walking at a very fast pace. When I look over, I see Kuroko was put on a team with Murasakibara. They were struggling because Murasakibara is a lot taller than Kuroko. I can't help but laugh.

So far, Akashi and I are in the lead. Until another team starts coming up behind us. It was Aomine and Midorima. They start catching up until they are neck and neck. But somehow, Akashi starts walking even faster, leaving the other teams behind.

"Don't worry (L/N), I always win."

We cross the finish line. I can't help but laugh.

"Always?" I ask him.

"Yes, always."

We have some extra time so we watch the other teams. Surprisingly, Kuroko and Murasakibara aren't the last ones. The last ones are Kise and one of his fan girls. She keeps trying to hug him. Aomine and Midorima actually weren't too far behind. They did get second place. I didn't realize but we went up against all of the generation of miracles, and won.

The teachers hand us a trophy to keep in our classroom until someone can beat us. Our whole class is cheering and crowds around us. All of it makes me smile. I look over and Akashi isn't really smiling. I mean, he is, but I can totally tell it's fake.

•Time Skip•

After school, Akashi and I went back to his place. Honestly at this point, it's like I'm living there. I have a bag of clothes, hairbrush, toothbrush, etc..

"Hey Akashi-kun?"

"Yes?"

"Is it alright if I call you by your first name?"

"Only if I can call you by yours.

"Okay, Sei-kun." I say smiling. He chuckles.

Sei walks out of the bathroom after fixing up his hair and sits on the bed with me.

I grab the picture that was on his nightstand.

"Sei-kun, why don't you smile like you did in this picture?"

"Because my mother is dead."

"So you never smile?"

"What are you talking about, I was smiling today after the race."

"Sei-kun, please don't lie to me. I know it wasn't real." I sigh, "isn't there any way I can get you to smile?"

I look deep into his eyes and before I know it, he lightly grabs my chin and pulls me to his lips, kissing me gently. He puts his forehead on mine, and smiles. But not fake, real. It was a genuine smile, and I can't help but to smile back.