•Emperor's Eye•Chapter 6•

WARNING:
This chapter contains spoilers. Read at your own caution. Also, some quotes in this chapter are official quotes from the English subbed version of the show.

•Akashi's POV•

(Y/N) went to my house right after school while I stayed for basketball practice. She has lots of work she had to do.

Lately everyone has been getting a lot stronger. Soon, they will surpass me and I will be forgotten. But I can't let that happen.

Tetsuya is trying to get Daiki come to practice, but then Asushi comes up to me and says, "If it's okay to not practice as long as we win the games, I don't wanna practice either."

"Don't be stupid. I can't possibly allow that."

"I mean, I don't feel like I'm going to lose at all. Besides, I at least listened to you till now,
Aka-chin, 'cause I felt like I'd never be able to win against you. But lately, it feels like maybe that's no longer the case. I don't wanna follow directions from people weaker than me."

"What was that? If I have to pin you down by force, then that is what I will do. Don't be so conceited." I bounce the basketball off the ground and into my hand. "One-on-one. Five scores to win."

Right away I try to make a shot but it gets blocked my Atsushi. Every time I tried, it just got blocked until eventually Atsushi is up to 4 points. 1 point away from winning.

He stands above me, while I am panting and sweating. "Honestly, this is a bit... no, quite... disappointing. It's like impossible to listen to someone who can only go so far. Oh well. I make this shot, and I'll do whatever I want as promised, anyway."

I, Seijuro Akashi, am going to lose? This cannot be such. Such a thing must not happen. I must win... no matter who it is against... no matter what happens. Victory is everything in this world. The victor is acknowledged and the vanquished is disavowed.

"Because I am victorious over all, I am always the just." My eyes start to glow, and I feel as if I am a new person. It is the emperor eye.

When Atsushi tries to run with the ball, I knock it out of his hands, earning a shocked look from everyone around us.

"You're getting a bit too carried away, Atsushi. Don't get me too angry. Anyone who acts against me is never forgiven. Even if they are my parents."

I use the emperor eye to make Atsushi fall, making it easy to run past him. I make shot after shot, until I was up to 5.

Atsushi gets up and starts to walk away. "Well, I'm done for the day. Good work. I'm tellin' ya, it's fine if I show up to practice like usual tomorrow, right?"

"No, I am calling that off. Do as you like. As long as we win our games. The goes for both Midorima and Kise. All actions will be glossed over as long as we win our games. At our level, it is more of a waste of time to force everyone to get in step. It is more efficient to stop adjusting. For the Generation of Miracles, team play is nothing but a hindrance."

•Time Skip•

•Your POV•

You hear the door start to open and you look over.

"Sei-kun! You're home!" I run over to hug him but stop when I realize something is different. He looks so serious and his eye! His left eye is yellow!

"Sei-kun, what happened to your eye?!" I put my hand on his cheek but he immediately slaps it away. "Sei?" My eyes start to water. I turn around and go back to my studying. I wonder what is up with Sei today? Maybe something happened at basketball practice. Great, the one day I didn't go with him.

"Sei... did something happen at basketball practice?"

"I just decided that we no longer need to practice."

"What? So you aren't going to basketball practice anymore?"

"Nope. All we need to do is win."

Since when was winning everything to him?

"I'm gonna go out with Tetsuya-kun, and I'm staying at my house tonight."

I leave the room, bringing my school supplies with me.

•Time Skip•

"What?! The emperor eye?!"

"I wasn't there to witness it myself but it's what Kise-kun told me." Kuroko says.

"Sei was acting so coldly. Everytime I tried to care for him, he would reject it. It's like he is a completely different person!"

I sigh. "Tetsuya-kun, can you walk me home today? I don't know if I want to stay at his house right now."

He nods and we start walking to my house.