3. The Mansion

Lucas's PoV

It took three days to pack and say goodbye to my friends and family. My dad told me to go for it, since he knew I was a tough fighter. I smiled proudly and ran off to ask my friends what they thought.

Kumatora said she'd teach me a few PSI moves so I can be better at fighting others. She taught me PK Fire, PK Freeze and PK Thunder. She's a good friend.

Duster didn't want me getting hurt, but ultimately decided that he couldn't stop me. He gave me his rope snake, which I took happily. I waved goodbye to my friends and spoke the words on the back of the paper.

The feeling was very strange, it felt like my body was floating and it tickled a lot. When it stopped, I was lying on my back on the grass in front of a large and luxurious mansion, giggling quietly.

I quickly stand, grab my stuff and head towards the large double doors of the mansion. It's quiet inside and on the post at the beginning of a staircase was a clipboard. There was a sheet of paper attached to the clipboard, telling all of the participants what room they were meant to go to. I see a lot of weird names while trying to find mine.

Mario, Donkey Kong, Mr Game and Watch, Kirby, Ness.
What strange names. I find mine. I am in room 15. I walk up the stairs and down a hallway. The door numbers are counting down from 20. Within seconds, I am standing in front of my door. On the wall is a key hanging on a peg in the wall. I take it down and used it to unlock the door.

I carry my belongings into the room and stare down at the keys. The number 15 is embedded into them. I put it in my pocket and look around. There is a small kitchen, a mini fridge and two beds in the room, and one has someone already on it, a curious look on their face.

Oh no.