4. The Newcomer

Ness's PoV

The blonde boy walked into the room, staring down at something in his hands. He puts it in his back pocket and looks up, seeing me. I feel a small pulse of energy. His eyes widen and then return to normal. Did he feel it too?

"Hi," I say, holding out my hand, a warm smile on my face. "My name is Ness."

The boy weakly shakes my hand back.
"H-Hi, I'm Lucas. D-D-Do-Do I have the wrong room?"

"Is your room number fifteen?" I ask.

"Y- yeah." He says.

"Then you have the right room." I say with a smile. He smiles nervously back and begins unpacking his stuff. His nervousness is kind of adorable, I can't lie. Wait, no.

I hum a tune and begin talking to him.
"So how did you get here?"
"I-I kinda saved th-the world?" His voice seems shaky.
"You seem nervous for someone who saved the world." I comment.

"W-What about you?" He asks.

"I saved the world, too. I killed an alien, learned about the power of PSI..."

"PS-PSI?" He questions.

"Psychic Powers."

"I-I have PSI as w-well!" he says, seemingly happier than before.
"D-Do you like t-tea?" Lucas asks.

"Yeah."

"I-I'll make some for us an-and you can tell me about how you s-saved the world."

"Sure." I say, shrugging.
"It started with a meteor crashing near my house, waking me up. I went to investigate it, but it was blocked off by cops. The Onett police force is known for blocking stuff off, after all. I went home and went back to sleep. I was woken up by something and my neighbour, Pokey Minch was at the door-"

Lucas gasped and almost choked on his tea.
"P-Porky Minch?" I can see the blonde shaking.

"Pokey Minch, don't worry." The similarity was extremely odd, however.

"B-Big Sp-Spidery mech?" Okay, I think we have the same person.

"Uh, yeah... How do you know him?" I ask slowly.

He breathes in and signs shakily, tears in his eyes.

"He d-did some very b-bad things that I d-don't wan-want to talk about." Lucas says, looking down. He looks at me and ushers me to keep going.

"Okay." I say, drinking my tea and continuing with my adventure, making sure to change Pokey's name every time. Chokey Lynch, Scrotey Pinch, Monkey Cinch, Mokey Pinch. Lucas seemed to like the names.