13. The Spring

Anyone here seen Game Grumps?

"Oh come on!" I yell in frustration. "Motherfuckin short mushrooms fuckin up my day!" Lucas is beside me, choking on his own laughter. I died again from another goomba on Super Mario Bros. I suck at this game.

"This game is stupid." I say, throwing the controller down. Lucas calms down from his laughing fit and picks up his controller. He looks at me and starts laughing again.

"Jeez, Ness. I haven't heard you swear so much before." Lucas tells me, grinning.

"I only swore like twice." I say, picking my controller back up. I look at the screen and see Lucas as Luigi get a super star and run through the level.

"Last time I heard you swear was when you called Porky an A-S-S-H-O-L-E." He says.

"So you don't swear?" I ask him.

"Not really. Only if the situation calls for it and there's no adults around." He says, giving a shrug.

"Huh. Why not?" I ask him.

"I dunno. I guess it's rude." He says.

"Oooooh, hello there mister goody two-shoes." I tease him. He blushes and shakes his head.

"Yeah, but... Uh..." He says, trying to think of a comeback.
"At least I didn't die to a Goomba!"

"Well... I killed a space entity!" I say in return.

"I beat Porky!"

"I hit a car with a baseball bat!"

"You hit a car with a baseball bat?"

"You should see what I did to a road sign!"
It goes on for a while. So long, we were almost late for our next match.

-

I'm at 4 losses now, Lucas is at 6. I think I might be able to win this tournament. I just hope it isn't me against Lucas in the end. If that's the case, I don't know what would happen. It's the second week of the tournament now and there's only 8 fighters left. Our schedules have dropped to one battle a day, so we're very free now.

The remaining smashers are: Mario, Donkey Kong, Toon Link, Samus, Zelda, Ganondorf, yours truly and Lucas.

Lucas.

The blonde boy that I met nearly a week ago has managed to get me to develop a crush on him. His name sends shivers down my spine. And his giggle. When he giggles, I know that everything is going to be okay. When he giggles I think to myself "Maybe there is a god.".

And his stutter. That adorable thing that introduced itself before he did. I still remember him walking into our room, playing with something shiny. He's amazing in every way.

But he's probably straight or something.

I remember something.

"Hey, Lucas?" I ask him.

"Yeah?"

"Do you like swimming?"

-

"I'm still surprised that they have hot springs here." Lucas says, following me into the pool room. There's a large pool about half the size of the room, the other half of the room has a spa, a small sauna and a hot spring. Beside the sauna are the changing rooms.

"Yeah, I was too. I really like it actually. It's relaaaaxing." I say, moving over to the changing rooms, Lucas following behind.

We get undressed into shorts and go sit in the hot spring. It is warm and relaxing. Lucas hums a tune as we sit in the spring.

Lucas leans against the side of it, his eyes closed and head up. I want so badly to be able to be under his neck, pushed close to him, my arms around his back. But for now, all I can do is stare. He's not unfit, but he isn't a body builder's role model. His arms are crossed and now he's slowly lowering himself. I dunk my head underwater and come back up, moving next to Lucas before shaking my head violently, hitting Lucas with drops of water.

"Dude!" Lucas says, interrupting his song. I laugh and shake my head again, getting more water on him.

This is nice. I hope it never ends.

666 words

good meme