6. The Tour

I don't know how to write so everything is s o  s l o w

Lucas's PoV

I lay in bed, going over the techniques that Ness had taught me. Ness turned to me and asked me something of of the blue.

"Did you destroy Sporky Inch?"
The name, although funny still reminded me of what happened.

I hit the ball with as much strength that I could summon, as did everybody else. I did nothing to it. Nobody did. We tried again. And again. Doctor Andonuts came in and explained what had happened. I looked at Porky through the window and his tongue was out, teasing us. Doctor Andonuts rolled the ball around. I walked past him and towards the final needle-

"Lucas?" Ness catches my attention.

"O-Oh, yeah, uh... H-He turned into an invinciball or s-something after we fought and he got trapped forever."

"Thanks, " He says quietly. "He was an asshole." I flinch slightly at the swear. I mean, . I haven't heard him swear before.

I look at the digital clock on my drawer. 4:27.

"D-Do you know y-your way around?" I ask Ness, hoping for a tour.

"Yeah, of course. Why?" Ness responded enthusiastically.

"I wanted to know if you could show me around! M-maybe." I say, giving a small smile at the end.

"Of course." Ness says with a smile. He stands up and puts his bag on. I also stand, but I don't have a bag. I follow him into the hallway.

Ness goes to the first floor and down another hallway. He opens a double door and it opens into a room with small groups of other fighters sitting at tables. There are large windows boasting a beautiful garden.

"This is the cafeteria-ish place. We pretty much go here for breakfast, lunch and dinner." Ness tells me. I nod and make a sound of understanding. He closes the door and continues onwards.

He opens another door and it leads into a large space. The floor is made of mattress-like material and is designed to stop people from getting hurt. There is an area in the back corner that has wood as its floor, possibly for spectators.

"This is the gym. People train and practice here. There's not much more than that." Ness explains, closing the door.

Ness smiles before opening the next room.
"This, my friend," Ness says, opening the doors to a room full of video-game consoles, arcade machines and neon lights. The windows have blinds over them and the light is turned off.
"Is the gaming room." He says, turning towards me, awaiting my opinion.

"I-I like it." I say, my jaw slightly open in awe. There's a lot of old stuff in here.

"We play each other's games in here."

"Y-You make games?" I ask Ness, curious.

"No, no. You know how everyone has saved the world or done something really rad?" Ness asks.

I try not to giggle at him using the word 'rad'.
"Yeah?" I respond.

"Well, most of us have games made after those things." Ness says. "Here's mine!" He says, holding up a cartridge for the game 'Earthbound'.

"Th-That's a bit... Creepy." I say.

"Yeah, but it's pretty cool." He admits. I wish I could be as open as him. Ness is nice.

We leave and he points out an office.
"That's Master Hand's office. He's the boss." He whispers to me, slowly waking past it. He grabs my wrist and begins running. I run to keep up with him.

He stops in front of a pair of double doors, a grin plastered on his face.
"Look at..." He says, opening the doors. "This."

The doors reveal the beautiful garden that could be seen from the cafeteria. It has almost every flower you can think of, and just as many colours. I scan the flowers, smiling when I spot the sunflowers.

"So you like sunflowers, eh?" Ness's voice intrudes my thoughts.

"N-Ness! Why were you reading my th-thoughts?" I ask, feeling slightly violated.

"Sorry, Sorry. I don't realise that I'm doin' it until it's too late."

"N-No, it's okay. It's just an instinct, I guess." I assure him it's okay.

"Yeah, I guess." He smiles. "We have about an hour to kill before dinner. What d'ya wanna do?"