14. The Battle

Lucas's PoV

"Hey Lucas, wanna fuck in the toilets?" Ness asks. I can feel my face turn red and I begin to laugh.

"You can't just catch me off guard like that! At least buy me a drink first." I jokingly say, half wishing he wasn't joking.

"Okay, okay, I'll be RIGHT back!" Ness says, disappearing around a corner. A moment passes and he returns with a can of soda, bought from a vending machine.

"I didn't mean it, but I'll still take the drink." I say with a smile on my face.

"Nuh uh! We're sharing it." He says, moving his head mockingly. I'm not complaining. In fact, I think it's better.

"Hey? We have like an hour before the next battle. Wanna hang out outside?" I ask Ness.

"Like a date? But less gay?" He suggests, handing me the van after taking a sip.

"I guess." I answer, taking my own sip.

"I mean, sure. Why not. Nothing better to do anyways." He says, walking out the door, playing with his yo-yo.

We walk around the garden for a while, looking at all the flowers.

"Do you know how to do yo-yo tricks?" Ness asks me.

"Not really." I say, shrugging.

"Here, I'll show you." Ness says, showing me some tricks.

-

I've just stopped reading my schedule because they will call us over the P.A system.

"Ness and Lucas, please report to New Pork City. I repeat, Ness and Lucas, New Pork City."

My eyes widen. I should have read my schedule.

"N-New Pork City!?" I say in shock. Ness looks at me.

"Don't worry, I'll be there." Ness says with a small smile. I smile back. "But, we gotta go." He says, grabbing my hand. I feel my face heat up as I start running with him.

We get to the top floor and enter the match.

"Try your best." He tells me. I nod and the match starts.

I jump off of the coffee table and look around. New Pork City. The flashing lights, the buildings and the hundred story tower.

The hundred story tower.

I breathe in and try not to focus on my surrounds. I see Ness heading towards me, launching himself with PK Thunder. I dodge and grab him with Rope Snake. I tell him I'm sorry as I hit him multiple times before throwing him to the ground and stomping on him.

"Don't worry about it." He says, standing and hitting me with his bat. "Sorry!" He calls after me as I go flying.

I launch a PK Thunder at him and he blocks it, running over towards me. I use PK Fire and hit him with a blast of PSI.

He chases after me and I hit him with PK Thunder. He recovers and rushes at me, jumping and hitting me with midair attacks. We fight for another minute before the ultimate chimera shows up.

"Oh, God." I say to myself, eyeing the chimera. Ness turns and sees it, quickly turning back to me.

"You okay?" He asks through telepathy.

"Not at all." I respond, jumping back. I use PK Freeze and he hits me off the edge. I hit myself back up with PK Thunder and hit him with a blast of PSI.

He rams into me with PK Thunder and I get launched. I see the ultimate chimera land on top of Ness before I hit the barrier.

"Sudden death!" The voice echoes throughout the stage.

Ness and I look at each other before charging. He dodges and hits me with his bat. I recover and launch at him with PK Thunder. He jumps and grabs me, launching me into the barrier.

"Game!"