Chapter 3: Fight For Me

I was left stunned for a moment. That was, until I felt a sharp pain in my back. Gene let go of me, dropping me to the ground, with a thud. I rubbed my lower back, as I watched the three Shadow Knights stroll out of the cafeteria.

Well, that happened...

"You shouldn't have bowed down to the swatch dogs and the diet coke heads. They're gonna crush that girl," an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"I'm sorry, what?" I turned around, looking for the source of the voice.

I spotted a kid leaning up against a wall, book in hand. This guy had pure white hair, and these shining, emerald eyes. Despite the fact that he was wearing a menacing-looking trench coat  thing, he was honestly really cute. Like, damn.

"You've clearly got a soul," Trench Coat Guy stood up, shutting his book. He walked towards me, crossing his arms. "...you just need to work hard keeping it clean. 'We are all born marked for evil'."

And with that, Trench Coat Kid walked away from me. I stood in awe for a second, before deciding to catch up with him. I needed to know more about this guy. He's very...interesting.

"Okay, don't just quote Baudelaire at me, and then walk away. Excuse me?" I tapped his shoulder, earning his attention back on me. "I didn't catch your name."

"I didn't throw it," he winked, smirking.

*3rd Person*

Zane followed around the 'No-Name Kid', trying to getting him to respond to him. He merely tuned Zane out, returning to his book. Meanwhile, Dante and Aaron sat at a lunch table, staring down this stranger.

"Who does that guy in the jacket think he is anyway? Bo Diddley?" Dante sneered, crossing his arms.

"Zane is into his act, no doubt," Aaron spoke up.

"Let's kick his ass," Dante slammed his hands down on the table, smirking.

"Nah, we're Seniors man. We're too old for that shit." Aaron attempted to argue.

But, it was too late. Dante had already stood, heading over to the two. Aaron sighed, following after him.

*Zane*

I spotted Dante walking up to No-Name Kid, pounding his fist into his own hand. These fucking idiots, again. I backed off, not wanting to intervene with anything that was going to happen.

"Hey, sweetheart!" Dante threw his arm around No-Name Kid's shoulders, glaring up at him. "What did your boyfriend say when you told him you were moving to Mystreet, Phoenix Drop?"

"My buddy Dante just asked you a question," idiot Aaron smacked the back of No-Name Kid's head. These two are such dicks.

"Hey Aaron, doesn't the cafeteria have a no fags allowed rule?" Dante smirked at Aaron, who chuckled.

Then what are you still doing here, bitch?

"They seem to have an open door policy for assholes, though," No-Name Kid adorably smirked at the both of them, still clutching his book.

Ha! Get rekt!

Aaron and Dante glanced at each other, giving pissed off glances. Dante furrowed his eyebrows, "hold his arms."

I quickly grabbed my diary from my backpack, watching the entire fight go down. Aaron grabbed No-Name Kid's arm, and Dante lifted his arm most likely to punch him. But, then, something fucking shocking as all hell happened! I begin to write in my diary, watching from the corner of my eye, as everything went down.

No-Name, Trench Coat Kid broke free from Aaron's grasp. He lifted the book he held up, and Dante punched that instead. He quickly whips around, smacking that asshole Aaron in the face with his book. Basically the entire school is watching at this point and most people were chanting.

(***)

"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!"

"Holy shit! Holy shit!"

"Holy shit!"

I look up from my diary, glancing around at the scene before me. Every thing was stuck, frozen, as Trench Coat Guy was about to punch Aaron right in his stupid face. My heart was racing, and my face was flushing. This was probably a moment my mind was giving me, as I continue to write. I took this as an opportunity to examine everything.

"Why, when you see boys fight, does it look so horrible, yet..," I walked up to Trench Coat Kid, staring up at him, studying his features, "...feel so right?"

I chuckled to myself, before turning away. "I shouldn't watch this crap, that's not who I am. But with this kid."

I turned back, placing a hand over my heart. "Damn!"

"Hey, Mister No-Name Kid, so who might you be? And could you fight for me? And hey, could you face the crowd? Could you be seen with me, and still act proud?" I stepped in between Aaron and Trench Coat Kid, taking his hand in mine. I smiled to myself, imagining the warmth of his hand. "Hey, could you hold my hand, and could you carry me, through No-Man's-Land?"

I sighed letting go of No-Name Kid's hand. I turned around, pressing my body up against his. I basked in this imaginary feeling, knowing that it probably wouldn't even work. To be honest, he's probably not even into guys.

"It's fine, if you don't agree. But, I would fight for you, if you would fight for me."

I moved the hell out of the way, as time began to move again. I returned back to my original position, as No-Name Kid swung at Aaron. As time moved very, very slowly, I watched every millisecond of it.

"Let them drive us underground. I don't care how far! You can set my broken bones. And I know CPR," I mentally winked at myself. No-Name Kid eventually punched Aaron, then continued fighting with Dante. "Well...woah. You can punch real good. You've lasted longer than I thought you would. So hey, Mister No-Name Kid, if some night you're free... Wanna fight for me?!"

"Holy shit!" In slow-motion, the pace started to quicken, little by little. I watched as No-Name Kid was headbutting Dante.

"If you're still alive-"

"Holy shit!"

"I would fight for you!"

"Holy shit, holy shit!"

"If you would fight for me!"

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit!"

"Holy shit!"

~~~