Chapter 9: Our Love Is Divine

"Dear Diary, close call last night... The only person at Phoenix Drop who could actually control Dante and Aaron was Gene Chandler. And he is dead."

"Should have thought of that, before you killed me, bitch!"

I stopped writing, after hearing a voice. I turned around, to be faced with Gene himself. Or, more specifically- his ghost. It's been haunting me, ever since Travis and I accidentally killed him. He's just as annoying, as ever.

Gene started gagging, blue liquid continuously dripping from the corner of his lips. "Ugh, I'm going to be coughing up drain cleaner for eternity."

He started gagging again, and I rolled my eyes, going back to writing. "Technically I didn't kill Gene Chandler, and I know that. But, I still feel bad-"

I was interrupted from writing, by Gene harshly gagging. I glared over at him, and he lifted his hand. "Sorry."

"...but not as bad as I should feel. And that makes me feel worse."

I closed my diary, returning it to it's rightful place in my backpack. I then spotted Zenix and Sasha going through a locker. Well, mostly Zenix. Sasha was standing off to the side. Wait, this was Gene's locker. What the heck?

"Oh hey, guys," I put my hand on my hip, narrowing my eyes at the two. "I am really looking forward to that apology from you both, for being two ice-cold bitches last night."

"Cleaning out Gene's locker! A little respect!" Zenix snapped, flipping his hair out of his eyes.

"Zenix Duke is such a sad, little poser," Gene's ghost huffed from behind me. "Zane, tell him to stop touching my stuff. Zane! Zane!"

Gene kept poking at my back, and I snapped. I balled my fists, grabbing at my hair. I spinned around, glaring at him, and all of his stupid features.

"Shut up!" I yelled.

I heard a foot step, and turned back to face Zenix. He was staring at me, angrily. "No, you shut up! I don't have to shut up anymore!"

Oh, he thinks I was talking to him, because Gene always told him to shut up... Oh...

Zenix turned back to Gene's locker. He pulled out Gene's red scrunchie, that he always had around his wrist. He held it up in the air, as if he just won some sort of prize. He chuckled darkly under his breath, slipping it on his own wrist.

"Hey, that's Gene's scrunchie!" Sasha pointed out, biting her lip.

"Shut up, Sasha!" Zenix yelled at her.

"Sorry, Zenix..."

"Gene Chandler is gone, and it's up to me to replace him," Zenix explained, and I rose an eyebrow at him.

"Replace Gene Chandler?" I crossed my arms, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Please," Gene's ghost scoffed, crossing his own arms.

"You know what, Zane?" Zenix stomped towards me, staring me dead in the eye. His red eyes glimmered with anger. "I would worry a little less about about me, and a little more about your reputation."

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Travis had stepped into the hall. I looked at Zenix in utter confusion, mouthing a 'huh?'. Zenix chuckled, continuing.

"Dante and Aaron are going around, telling the whole school, about your little threeway last night," Zenix explained, with a small smirk present.

"Threeway?" I heard Travis' voice behind me, a little pained.

I spun around, quickly shaking my head. "There was no threeway! Nothing happened!"

"I seem to remember differently," Zenix giggled, "I seem to remember there was a-!"