Chapter 12: Shine A Light

"And they lived happily ever after!" The sounds of clapping could be heard from behind me, as I stepped into my bedroom. "You really believe that? You think it all goes back to normal? Don't give me that wounded look, you know exactly what he is and you love it."

I looked up, to be faced with the one and only- Gene Chandler. Well, his ghost anyways. Damn it, I thought I finally got rid of him. Oh well...

"Stop talking," I sneered, walking past him.

"Only a true dead, best friend would give it to you straight," Gene shrugged, following me around.

"Zane!" I heard banging from the other side of my door. "I need your help!"

I strolled over to my door, swinging it open. There, on the other side- was my short, best friend- Aphmau. I rose an eyebrow at her, allowing her to come inside.

"Sure, what?"

"Something doesn't add up," Aphmau began to explain, as she paced around. "I think Aaron and Dante were murdered!"

"Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw!" Gene laughed loudly. "Nancy Drew is onto you, Zane!"

"Why would you say that?" I nervously chuckled, rubbing my arm. "They found the suicide note!"

"It could have been faked! You forge them all the time, right?"

Aphmau stood in front of me, holding her hands together. She looked up at me, her expressions bright. Why was she choosing now of all times, to play detective?

"Right..," I bit my lip, not making eye contact with my true best friend.

"I am in love with this fat girl," Gene smirked, patting my back. And, if he were real, I would've socked him right in his stupid, pretty face

"That's ridiculous!" I exclaimed. "Who'd wanna kill Aaron and Dante?"

"I'm thinking it was your friend, Travis. You saw how he went after them in the lunchroom," Aphmau pursed her lips, putting a finger to her chin.

Just then, two 'new' faces appeared. If you couldn't guess- it was Dante and Aaron. Great... First, I'm stuck with Gene's ghost haunting me, now, I'm stuck with the assholes Aaron and Dante. The gay, dickface squad.

"Yeah, man, that sucked," Dante groaned. It was then I noticed, that they were still in their underwear. Wonderful...

"There's something...off, about Travis," Aphmau continued ranting, as she tapped her chin in thought.

"Looks like Zane's going to prison!" Dante continued, pointing a finger at me.

"I wanna look in Travis' locker. I thought maybe you could get me the combination," Aphmau smiled brightly up at me, stars forming in her eyes.

"I bet there's all kinds of interesting things in that locker!" Gene rested his arm on my shoulder. "Maybe some... 'Ich Lüge bullets'?"

"That's a pretty wild theory, Aphmau," I attempted to think of  something to keep her off of Travis' trail.

"I don't care what they were saying at the funeral. Aaron was not gay! I'd stake my life on it." Small tears rolled down Aph's cheeks, which she quickly attempted to wipe away.

"Ha, ha! Aaron's a faggy haggy!" Dante laughed loudly, pointing at Aaron.

"Yeah, at least I don't have skid marks," Aaron retorted.

"Bullshit!"

"Skid mark! Skid mark! You have skid marks~!" Aaron pointed back at Dante, who was now spinning in circles.