Chapter 10: My Dead Gay Son

A/N- Dante's father has been named "Dean" for purposes of this chapter, but until his character can be confirmed. Thank you.

~~~

"Dear Diary, I'm going steady. Mostly he's awesome. If a bit too rock and roll. Lately he's bumped off, three of my classmates. Irene, have mercy on my soul. They were just seventeen. They still had room to grow. They could've turned out good. But, now we'll never know."

"There's been a lack of boys climbing through my bedroom window, lately," Travis' voice interrupted me from my writing.

I crossed my arms, trying my best to conceal my tears. "Take a hint."

I turned away from him, wiping my eyes. I heard Travis sigh, as his footsteps neared me. I bowed my head, as his arms wrapped around my back.

"Okay, you're mad I get it," he attempted to place a kiss on my cheek.

"No, I don't think you do!" I pushed his face away, huffing. I groaned, recalling the research I did on German, after what happened at the cemetery. " 'Ich Lüge bullets'? You lied to me!"

"You were lying to yourself. You wanted them dead, too."

"Did not!" I protested.

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Hey!" Travis interrupted our little preschool-type quarrel. "Did they make you cry?"

"Yes," I muttered, hugging my arms close to my chest.

"Can they make you cry, now?" He smirked at me, knowing what the obvious answer was.

"No," I scoffed, and rolled my eye, "but you can."

"Just wait 'til you see the good that comes out of this," Travis attempted to hold my hands, but I pulled them away from him.

"No good could possibly come of this!"

"Call me an optimist," he shrugged.

I rolled my eye again, as Travis strolled away from me. I reoppened my diary, starting a short, new entry. "Dear Diary, my teen angst bullshit has a body count."

~

*3rd Person*

Derek- Aaron's father; and Dean- Dante's father, stood at their sons' memorials. Dante and Aaron were given a conjoined funeral- seeing how close their relationship was. After all, they did kill themselves, to send a message to the world. In the pews of the funeral home, Dante and Aaron's family, friends, peers all sat- mostly weeping. Though, Zane and Travis were on a bit of neutral grounds with this. Zane, looked more panicked, and stunned than anything.

Derek's finger traced the memorial, where Aaron's football helmet was rested. He bowed his head, small tears rolling down his cheeks. He was regretting his decisions as a parent. It was hard for him- losing his only son.

Dean, on the other hand, was a bit more off about the subject. He looked down at Dante's memorial, shaking his head at the photograph, and the helmet. Dean was...disappointed. He sighed, beginning to speak.

"I don't really know what I'm supposed to say up here," Dean sighed again, moving to in between the two memorials. "I'm ashamed, certainly. My family has turned our town into a laughing stock. My boy Dante isn't who I thought he was, and when I think of the sick, disgusting things Dante and Aaron were doing-"