a random chansoo oneshot

(This isn't part of the story but I wanted to post this but didnt have anywhere I could?? Any who next chapter should be up soon, I've been super busy lately)

Falling in love is never, ever, an easy thing. Park Chanyeol sadly knows this well.
Because here he is, the 3rd night this week, laying in bed with an oh so familiar pain in his chest and his eyes trained on the ceiling.

He’s Perplexed to how he fell this deeply, but knows by now keeping his mouth shut is best.

He sits up, and his eyes switch focus to the empty mattress pushed in the opposite corner of the room where the one that has him so lovesick usually sleeps. The room is dark, but isn't at the same time. He quietly bathes in the soft light from the tv, and the greens and purples from the string lights hung up around the room. A drama plays on the tv, the plot he’d forgotten about, all in return of getting lost in his thoughts.

It almost seemed routine; he’d come back from his classes, sit on his bed while a drama fills the empty silence, and get lost in a rabbit hole of mixed emotions and unanswerable questions.

But the real question most ask, is who is the one who has Chanyeol in this state of hopelessness?

Why the answer is quite obvious;

It’s none other than Do Kyungsoo.

His roommate managed to steal his heart while being completely unaware of what he had done. It’s a rather cruel and fitting fate some would say. Maybe it was Karma for the one time he smoked and hid it from his mother?
Or the time he lied about having plans to avoid a date with Sandra Carter in junior year? Either way, he doesn’t think it’s fair. Because this, is the 2nd most terrible pain he had felt. Not of the physical sort, like when you break a bone or gain a cut, but rather an emotional one, one that hasn’t been felt since he lost his mother.

And he’s 100% frustrated. “I thought pain like this was gone…” Sighs Chanyeol. “It’s not even like my stupid feelings matter...not When he’s off with another man…”

And that statement is most likely true.
Kyungsoo had many admirers.
But it’s not at all surprising. He’s Gorgeous, and deserves all of it. Although, annoying as it is, most don't decide to find out what's under his rough exterior he holds most times. They ignore it as if it was some type of deal breaker; they treat it as a problem.
Nobody but Chanyeol, and this other man he can't remember the name of, have tried to be more than friends because of his cranky demeanor, even if you can count Chanyeol’s attempt as one.
But still, that doesn’t matter if he’s not here.
He’s stopped coming home as often and Chanyeol doesn’t know why. He wants to ask whenever he sees him -- but doesn’t because he doesn’t feel it’s his place and remains silent.

What’s ironic, is how the Twenty-Four year old has been dubbed as a ‘happy virus’ but that’s been more of a persona than the truth lately, but he tries his best to hide his conflict, being the rather emotionally closeted person he is,

His blunt fingers dig into the dark cotton of his bed sheets. “Stop thinking….stop thinking….” he mumbles to himself. But he doesn’t. He still thinks about the short boy with the soft eyes, and his lacking chances.
He feels alienated and inadequate in his own thoughts. He’s desperate to leave them but every attempt made to stray away he still returned. This can’t be healthy for his mind…
He runs his fingers through his dyed hair and cringes slightly as tears begin to blur his vision. He quickly blinked them away at the sound of the door handle jiggling open.