chapter 20: Wow he's tall...

"Kyungsoo, Wake up." the soft voice of his grandmother drags Kyungsoo out of his sleep. "It's time for me to leave, Little Bird. you slept in pretty late today." she says, offering him a sweet smile. he sits up sleepily, rubbing at his eyes. "It's already Eleven?" he asks, his voice husky. "It is. Jongdae is in the kitchen by the way." he leans over the side of his bed, spotting a head of blond in the room across the hall. "do you mind helping me carry my bags to the bus?" Kyungsoo nods, standing up and slipping his shoes on quickly. he carries his grandmother's bags down the stairs from where she had them set in the hallway, to the waiting arms of a guy who was most likely chaperoning the retreat. 

"I'll be back in a few days...I'm hoping to learn about some other health options so I can stay out of the hospital." the woman hugs her grandson. she kisses his forehead as a way of saying goodbye, and gets on the bus. "It's only 9 days. she'll be okay." he mumbles to himself before turning to go inside. he goes back upstairs to locate the oddly placed kitchen, only to find Jongdae looking dissatisfied at the mostly empty kitchen. 

"Great! you're awake." he says with a smile. Kyungsoo yawns, before turning to the Keurig.

he pops in a breakfast blend coffee pod and presses the button before turning to Jongdae, who was smirking for god knows why. "I'm gonna take a wild guess, you were up late video calling Chanyeol...again?" Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, and retrieves his mug. 

"You're out of food. as soon as you wake up and talk to your little crush for a bit, we should go grocery shopping." 

"I do not have a crush on Chanyeol."

"You do too, you big liar." 

Kyungsoo glares at him.  "I can't have a crush on someone i've never met in person." the nineteen year old deadpans, drinking half of his coffee in one big gulp. "You can too. especially with how much you guys talk, and the fact that your guys' song is literally about long distance love, Not to mention you yourself have even stated that your ideal type is someone like him." Kyungsoo flips his best friend off. "Shut up or I won't go buy food."

"How are you supposed to live if you don't eat? you obviously aren't a plant who can Photosynthesize considering you haven't grown an inch since 7th grade." Kyungsoo reaches across the counter and slaps him in the back of the head. "You aren't one to talk considering you're only half an inch taller." Kyungsoo grumbles before he cleans his mug, and gets dressed. After grabbing the money his Grandmother left on the fridge. Beckoning for Jongdae to follow, by 1pm, they arrive at the grocery store. 

~~~~~

Kyungsoo hates Walmart with a burning passion. but, the food was normally cheaper there. all he had to ignore was the weird smells, the carts that never worked, and the weird people, right? that was proven to be easier said then done. 

The cart's first wheel squeaked relentlessly, and refused to turn. to make it worse, the handle was sticky for some reason...he decides trying to figure it out isn't a good idea. "Jongdae, what do we need first, considering you'd know better then me." "Milk, eggs, cheese, butter. they're in the same section next to the bakery. So you grab those, and I'll go get bread and shit." Kyungsoo nods, and they split up. 

it doesn't take long till they have gathered most of the items on their list, only needing to pick up cereal, and snack food. 

They're about to turn down the chip isle, but Jongdae suddenly turns the cart down the cereal isle. Kyungsoo gives him a confused look, but brushes off his weird actions. there's a total of 3 people in the small space, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, and another stranger, so Jongdae continues to be loud as usual. he laughs at the cartoon characters on the front of the boxes, picking up a box of Coco Puffs. "Why does the Mascot remind me of Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo cracks a smile. "Jesus you're right." Kyungsoo laughs lightly. Jongdae goes to pick up a box of some sugary, and ridiculously unhealthy cereal. "Kyungsoo~ Can we get some?" Kyungsoo shakes his head. "Nope out of the question." he grabs a box of Life. Jongdae seems be typing out some type of message. Kyungsoo ignores it in favor of grabbing some oatmeal, but drops it when he hears Jongdae laugh. Kyungsoo glares at him, then sets in the cart. "Soo, can you get me a box of tea?" 

"There's someone standing there though."

"ask him to move then." Jongdae shoves his friend in that direction. 

Kyungsoo awkwardly clears his throat. "Can I grab a box of Peppermint tea real quick?" when the person turns around Kyungsoo nearly jumps out of his skin. 

Chanyeol is staring down at him with peppermint tea in his large hands. his eyes nearly bug out of his skull. "Kyungsoo!" He then says excitedly, a puppy like grin spreading to his face. this makes Kyungsoo smile a little too. "Wow...you really are real..." Kyungsoo mumbles. "and really tall..."  Chanyeol laughs. he hands Kyungsoo the tea, and pokes his slightly red nose since March decided winter was't ending anytime soon. "It's so strange to see you in real life and not through my phone or computer screen!" Chanyeol says enthusiastically. Soon, Jongdae is wheeling over with the cart. "Hello, Yeol!" he says happily. The giant looks happy to see him, and hugs him quickly. "You guys are so tiny my god." they both scowl at him. which makes him laugh. 

"Do you happen to be busy this afternoon?" Jongdae starts. 

"Nope. I came to pick up tea because I needed to get out of my doom room." Kyungsoo quirks an eyebrow. "You don't even drink tea unless it's Chai tea made a certain way." Chanyeol Beams, considering Kyungsoo remembered that simple fact from a conversation Four and a Half months ago. "I know. I was desperate to get out."  Kyungsoo thinks for a moment. "Have you ever seen Howl's Moving Castle?" 

A/N: THEY HAVE OFFICIALLY MET IN PERSON. ~ JAEN