Chapter 31

*Small mention of homophoba in the past tense ill bold beforehand so you can skip if you want

Swimming in hindsight, wasn't the best idea. Only 15 minutes after going into the small creek, Chanyeol had ended up spraining his ankle.

"You should be more careful." Kyungsoo mutters to Chanyeol when they get back to camp, as he carefully wraps his ankle. "You're lucky you didn't get hurt worse." Chanyeol sighs, pressing a kiss to Kyungsoo's forehead. "I'm fine. It doesn't even hurt that bad." Kyungsoo ignores his response, mumbling to himself about how unsafe the area is, while Chanyeol dried his still dripping hair.

Jongdae passes Chanyeol a water bottle and some ibuprofen. "It doesn't hurt now, but later on it'll hurt like a bitch." Baekhyun nods in agreement.
"I've got a high pain tolerance. I'll be fine, you guys." He looks Kyungsoo in the eye. "Really, I will." Kyungsoo huffs, standing up.

Chanyeol wraps his arms around Kyungsoo's waist. From his sitting position, his face is burried in Kyungsoo's stomach. "Baby, I'll be more safe. I promise." Kyungsoo sighs, running his fingers through Chanyeol's hair before pecking him on the lips.

"Hey, at least we only planned to camp for a night." Baekhyun tells them all. "That way if it gets worse by morning we'll already be out of here anyways." Kyungsoo nods. It's a little later in the day now, about 5:30 in the afternoon.

"Should we start the fire and dinner up?" Kyungsoo asks. Baekhyun nods eagerly. "I feel like im starving to death."
"Yeah, me too."

So Jongdae moves to go build the fire while Kyungsoo starts putting together a few foil dinners at a picnic table.

"Yeol, do you want bell peppers?" Kyungsoo asks. Chanyeol doesn't hear his question, too busy telling Baekhyun about his music production. He looks almost ridiculously happy as he does, answering Baekhyun's questions anytime he had any.

Kyungsoo smiles to himself, deciding he'll cook some extra in his and give them to his boyfriend if he wants them afterall. He really didn't want to interrupt their conversation.
After a little while, Kyungsoo sets the Dinners in the fire and they all chat while they cook.
Chanyeol's a tad bit more clingy than normal, holding on to kyungsoo tightly until it was time for him to pull the food off the fire. After they cooled for a second, Kyungsoo emptied them onto paper plates and passed them out a bit.

Chanyeol does end up plucking a couple pieces of bell pepper off Kyungsoo's plate, thanking him for cooking with a small kiss on his mouth. (To which Jongdae and Baekhyun gag at, despite the fact that they spent a decent amount of the car ride making out.)

But Kyungsoo's content; nothing could be better than sitting under the stars with his boyfriend and best friends with the fire roaring in front of them.

Although he could probably live without Baekhyun and Chanyeol throwing cooked marshmellows at eachother. He definitely could when one gets stuck in his hair.

Around 9ish, Baekhyun and Jongdae go to their tent to go to bed, leaving Chanyeol and Kyungsoo to chat by the fire alone.

Warning: homophobia
At first Chanyeol's quiet, before he turns to Kyungsoo and kisses him quickly, draping his arm over Kyungsoo's left knee.

"So, now that we're dating and all, i feel like i should be honest with you about something."

The serious tone in Chanyeol's voice sends a shiver up Kyungsoo's spine.
"What is it?"
Chanyeol takes a deep breath, staring into the fire. "Alot of my family isn't actually okay with the fact that i'm gay. My father actually disowned me shortly before i left. My mom by association did too. Although she still loves me, she just didn't 'approve of my lifestyle'" Chanyeol moves his fingers in quotation. "They didn't think I was serious and wouldn't believe me until I came home with a boyfriend."

Kyungsoo is silent for a second. "Are...you just dating me to prove a point to your family?" He asks, his voice shaking a tad bit.

"God, baby, no! I just wanted to warn you. My dads harsh. He used to hit me. And i wanted to tell you so you can back out of coming back to arizona with me." Chanyeol sounds pained talking about it.

"Chanyeol no. Im not letting you go alone especially now that i know what you were going through." Kyungsoo replies, sliding his hand over Chanyeol's.

"You mean alot to me and I'm not letting you go into an environment like that alone."

Safe now :)
Chanyeol nods slowly, turning to face Kyungsoo. "I love you. Alot. Thank you for being here."

Kyungsoo smiles. "Of course. You're stuck with me for a while so it's the least I could do."

"Stuck with you? Nah I welcome it."

Kyungsoo laughs, hugging his boyfriend. "You're a dork."
"You love me." Chanyeol replies. "That I do." Kyungsoo says with a sigh.
They kiss softly before putting out the fire and going to bed themselves. They fall asleep wrapped in each others arms.

In the morning the packing up process is rather quick and they begin the drive home, Jongdae driving this time while Chanyeol and Kyungsoo sit in the backseat.

Kyungsoo gets out at Chanyeol's dorm to make sure his ankle's okay, and so he can take a quick shower, still having marshmellow in his hair from the night before.

He steals one of chanyeol's sweatshirts before kissing him goodbye and heading home, considering he missed his grandmother, and needed to talk to her about the Arizona trip.

He was happy, and felt like things were gonna be okay.

A/N: Woooo another update! The story's ending soon which makes me kinda sad :( But!! I have more ideas for chansoo fics as well as a seventeen spin off so thats nice to look forward to !
Im gonna try to do weekly updates from now on so there isnt just huge gaps without updates

- Jaen