Chapter 5

"The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others."

Dr Albert Schweitzer

~ Three Weeks Later ~

"Holy macaroni with kryptonite on top!" Ryan exclaimed.

"What is it!" Kabe shouted a few seconds later running into Ryan's office.

"This dude just passed me out in just ONE SECOND and I was so close to the finish line!" Ryan explained.

"Are you kidding me! This is the third time today!" Kabe shouted so loudly the veins on the side of his neck threatened to burst free.

"Have you ever heard of the boy who cried wolf! Asphalt Eight is not an emergency!" Kabe scolded Ryan.

"Yes grandpa," Ryan replied like a little child who got a proper scolding and hanging his head in shame, "It won't happen again," he said in a childish apologetic tone. Though Kabe hated been called a grandpa, Ryan knew it was the only way to calm Kabe's already boiling blood.

"Did you order the lens that I have been asking you about for a while now?" Kabe questioned.

"Yes, I did. It's supposed to be coming in tomorrow."

"But you said you were ordering it today and those things take like a week to reach."

"No, I didn't. I ordered them last Tuesday," Ryan replied nonchalantly.

"You know? I'm sure you're going to be one of my pallbearers one day. You kill me slowly every day with your antics because I'm sure you told me you were just going to order it today," Kabe resolved stomping out of Ryan's office and heading to his own.

He started packing some equipment for a photo shoot he was going to do on Friday. About ten minutes later Ryan waltzed towards Kabe's office.

"What are you packing for?" Ryan questioned.

Kabe looked up at him and scrunched up his face at the way he was swinging off the doorframe like a little kid.

"I'm putting together some equipment for the photoshoot for some new wedding place that's opening," Kabe replied turning back to his packing.

"Ryan would you stop acting like a little kid for once at least? Please!"

"Fine!" Ryan complied while raising his hands as if he was surrendering, "All I was doing was being the little brother you didn't have which in turn made you the big brother I didn't have," Ryan concluded with a smirk.

At that explanation Kabe quickly swiped a pen off his desk and flung it at Ryan to which he ducked at the last second.

"Hey Ryan, could you get your sister to work here for a while? Say until Saturday?" Kabe asked as if he wasn't out for Ryan just now.

"Sure thing. I think she was going to stop by here later today anyway. Knowing her she'll probably want to start working right away."

"She doesn't have to start today you know."