Chapter 15

"The strongest thing we have
isn't our fists, it's our words.
It's what we do.
So fight."
~ Alex, childhood victim of sex trafficking and FBI
informant for raids

After Chantal had calmed down, exhausted from her crying she excused herself and went to sleep.

"Can you believe she only slept for fifteen minutes and said it was the longest time she ever slept for?" Kabe asked.

"What? That's just very sad!" Lizzy responded shocked with a downcast expression.

"Yes it is," Kabe agreed then went on to tell Lizzy what Chantal told him earlier.

Lizzy sat thoughtful and Kabe allowed her knowing she was going to coming up with a spectacular idea.

Lizzy then hopped out of her seat, "I have this awesome idea! For each girl we rescue we can have them tell us their story. It will be in a dark room so there faces don't show on the camera just their outline. I'll film them telling their story and then enter it in the national film competition! So everyone can hear their story. I'll call the film 'Stories of the Stolen'."

"You know you'll have to get their permission and not everyone may want to do-"

"I'll do it."

Lizzy screamed at the voice that floated towards her.

"I'm sorry!" Chantal shouted as she ran down the stairs towards Lizzy, "I didn't mean to scare you! I just love your idea and I want to be in it."

"Okay. Thank you," Lizzy said as she swallowed gulps of air, "Do you always creep up on people like that?"

"No... I didn't creep up on you I heard you while I was coming down," Chantal replied getting flustered.

"Liz," Kabe said with a warning tone.

"Sorry," she apologised and went back to sit.

"You're finished sleeping?" Kabe asked.

"Yeah," Chantal smiled, "I feel very rested so we can start our planning now."

Kabe then looked at Lizzy with an expression that said I told you so.

"You were sleeping for like ten minutes," Lizzy said looking at her with a worried expression.

"I don't like sleeping," Chantal said softly.

Lizzy nodded telling her she understood.

"Okay so what's the plan?" Lizzy asked turning to Kabe.

"Alright your part will be very important and risky but I don't know if it will work until we try."