Chapter 16

Human trafficking is a crime against humanity.
We must unite our efforts to free victims and stop
this crime that's become ever more aggressive,
that threatens not just individuals, but
the foundational values of society.
~ Pope Francis

Kabe slowly took a step back.

"Who the hell are you?" Kabe answered with venom in his voice.

The person at the door cocked their gun ready to fire. In one swift motion Kabe grabbed the person's wrist and the butt of the gun then twisted the wrist so hard it almost broke but in the process disarming the person. Then in a quick flip of his wrist, Kabe had the gun pointed at the man at the door.

"I said; who, are, you?" Kabe questioned through clenched teeth.

"Woah bro!" the man at the door exclaimed raising his hands in the air.

"Five seconds and I'll pull the trigger! One!"

"Take it easy man Kill Shot!"

"Two!"

"It's me man!"

"Three!"

"It's Zee!"

"Four!"

"For peanut butter, jelly sandwich and fish sticks bean put the gun down!" the man shouted sweat pouring down his face.

Kabe's finger slowly pulled down on the trigger.

"Five!"

"It's just make-up!"

"I know," Kabe replied.

"So why for peanut jam's sake you did that for!" the man shouted.

"Why for kryptonite's sake did you put a gun in my face in my own house?" Kabe asked calmly spinning the gun on his pointer finger.

"I thought it would be funny," the man replied.

"For who? You or me?" Kabe smirked.

"Gimme that!" the man said then made a grab for the gun.

Kabe then raised it up and then as if talking to a little child wagged his finger in the man's face, "Nah ah! What should say?"

The man sighed in defeat, "Please," then held his hand out. Kabe then dropped the gun in his palm.

"HQ said to give you these things," the man said as he walked to his car, Kabe following.

He then flew his trunk open, revealing two sliver plastic cases. Kabe flipped the cases open and found a plastic human sized left hand in one and a right hand in the other.

"Why would they trust a doctor with these?" Kabe asked knowing he was pushing the man's buttons.

"What'd you just say?" the man questioned pushing himself up on Kabe trying to give off the intimidating vibe.