Chapter 19

“Real men don't buy girls,
Real men protect them.”
~ Unknown

RECAP

Sam looked down on his watch, "Well I guess no one will be buying dinner tonight. This way," he said directing both 'Bob' and 'Roxanne'.

After settling in the 'conference room' which was just the living area organised with chairs in a circle, Sam called the meeting to order.

"So the first thing we need to discuss is the disappearance of Monte Carlo and his sudden reappearance as the new recruit Bob," Sam said causing all eyes to turn towards Kabe.

"Care to explain for us Monte or do you want to pay for dinner?" Sam questioned staring straight into his eyes challengingly. looked down on his watch, "Well I guess no one will be buying dinner tonight. This way," he said directing both 'Bob' and 'Roxanne'.

After settling in the 'conference room' which was just the living area organised with chairs in a circle, Sam called the meeting to order.

"So the first thing we need to discuss is the disappearance of Monte Carlo and his sudden reappearance as the new recruit Bob," Sam said causing all eyes to turn towards Kabe.

"Care to explain for us Monte or do you want to pay for dinner?" Sam questioned staring straight into his eyes challengingly.

NOW BACK TO THE PRESENT

"I don't know what you're talking about, "  Bob flat out denies.

"Yeah!  You don't know?" Sam said chillingly cold.

Bob looked straight into his eyes challenging him. Unblinking Sam reached down to his shoe then pulled a dagger out and in the blink of an eye was over on Bob.

"I wouldn't go challenging people as if I have the upper hand if I were you," Sam warned him the dagger ready and waiting to pierce his main vein.

In a silent whisper Bob said one word,  "India."

Stiffening but not loosening his grip Sam looked him dead in the eye,  "What do you mean?"

"How about a bargain?  Hmm?"

"What's the deal?"

"I have Chantal to myself,  hrumph!"

"Not happening!" Sam said between clenched teeth putting Bob in a choke hold.

"Well no info," Kabe managed to croak out.

After a heavy and tense silence,  Sam gave in,  "Fine!"

"And I want Roxanne too," Bob said slowly licking his top lip.

"You greedy pig!"

"This information is costly," Bob said in a taunting tone. 

"You just brought in Roxanne why do you want her back?" Sam snarled.

"She does... things... that I like," Bob said putting a lot of meaning behind his words.

Sam looked over at Roxanne,  scrutinising her wondering if she'll be worth it. Deciding that it will be worth it,  Sam agreed.