Sick Day

So I did eventually decide to make a continuation to After Ever After. I loved the plot so much, and I started making up a bunch of little story lines in my head, and bippity-boppity-boo! Sequel! If you haven't read the first story, I recommend reading it before reading this. Anyway, this chapter takes place right after the Speedboat incident in the previous story.

Uma's POV

I woke with a start and a splitting headache. I sat up in my bed and looked around. I was in my Auradon Prep dorm room, so why did I feel like I was freezing at the top of an arctic mountain? I put my hand up to my forehead to try and ease my headache, but I found my face was covered in a cold sweat. Based on the colors shining through the window, the sun was just starting to set. The previous night felt like a dream. I remember falling asleep that morning after staying up all night on a boat ride. A boat ride with...

I looked over my shoulder at my childhood friend, Harry Hook, still dead asleep. He was obnoxiously snoring at inconsistent intervals, and I chuckled at his occasional mumbling about his hook. "What a weirdo," I thought aloud.

Suddenly, a powerful irritation erupted in the back of my throat, and I bent over in a coughing fit. My hacking must have awoken Harry because I felt his hand on my back, making slowly circular motions. When I settled down, I swatted his arm away out of habit and wiped a bit of drool from my lip. His voice was groggy but full of concern when he asked, "You feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied, but my voice was hoarse, and Harry gave me a doubtful look. I tried to look as earnest as possible, but he wasn't buying it.

"Aw, does the great and fierce Uma have a cold?" He cooed with a mocking pout as he put the back of his hand to my forehead.

"No, I don't!" I insisted, but my voice cracked. I pushed his hand away again and glared daggers at him, but he only laughed like an idiot. I turned my back on him and swung my feet over the edge of the bed. I was reminded by a dull ache in my ankle that I hurt it on the boat, and Harry seemed to remember, too.

"Oh no you don't." He instructed. I looked over at him with an incredulous expression. We may be off the Isle, but I was still shocked he tried to tell me what to do. He walked over to my side of the bed and put his hand on his hips.. "You stay in bed. I'll take care of everything else."

"Why?" I whined.

"You hurt your ankle and caught a cold last night, which would be my fault as it was my idea," he admitted as I grudgingly scooched back onto the bed. He propped a pillow under my ankle and crossed the room to the bathroom where he quickly retrieved a glass of water. When he set it down on the night stand, I looked at him with a bit of uncertainty.

"You're very unsettling to me right now," I blurted out.

"What makes you say that?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

I gestured to seemingly everything and said, "All this! You used to be off your rocker and wild, and now you're level headed and considerate and..."

I looked over at a wall clock behind Harry and pointed at it. "What time is it?" I asked cautiously.

Harry looked over his shoulder at the clock and answered, "Eight thirty-five." He was correct. Last I checked, he couldn't count let alone read a clock.

"You're just different," I concluded , and Harry smirked. He pulled a chair up to the side of the bed and sat down with the back of the chair at his front.

"Like I said, I've been in Auradon a while," he reminded me. "And I have changed a bit. I'm still Harry Hook though."

I'd been questioning that since we were first reunited the previous day. He walked in looking totally different, and if it weren't for the fact that he quoted himself from back when we were on the Isle, I would never have believed him. An uneasy silence settled over us, and I eventually muttered, "Just takes some getting used to."