Snuggly Duckling

I once again beat my record for longest chapter! This one started as 4,878 words and ended as 5,062 words. I wanted to thank every again for the nice comments. It warms my heart to know that so many people enjoy this story! In this chapter, I explored some more mature concepts such as alcohol, and I tried writing slurred language as it sounds. If something is spelled wrong, just say it out loud and it'll sound right, trust me :) Anyways, visual references above as usual, and please enjoy this loooong chapter!

Uma's POV

"Name one thing you've always wanted to do," He told me, "And we'll do it together."

I thought for moment, "Well...I've always wanted a tattoo."

***

Auradon City was a colorful assembly of shops, businesses, and restaurants whose origins came from all over the U.S.A. You could walk right off of the campus of Auradon Prep at be at the entrance of both Rapunzel's Hair Cuts and Mulan's Kung Fu Studio. Because of the variety and pure vastness of it, Harry and I had to consult a map and three random strangers on the whereabouts of a tattoo parlor.

Harry parked his bike in a nearby parking garage, and the two of us strolled down the sidewalk to the joint in question. We stood in front of an unstable looking wooden and brick flat with a small sign on the front with a picture of a duck and the words 'The Snuggly Duckling Pub and Tattoo Parlor.' When we opened the door to walk in, out came a jelly-legged old man wearing nothing but his tighty-whiteys and carrying a bow and arrow. He swerved from one direction to another, not noticing either me or Harry, and mumbled to himself something about swallowing pixie juice.

"Well, he's drunk." Harry declared. I shrugged with a casual expression before leading Harry into the pub. As soon as the door closed behind us, we had to duck to avoid a flying bottle heading right at or heads. It shattered into a million pieces when it hit the door, and liquor stained the creaky wood. I looked to Harry with childlike wonder while he seemed a little alarmed at the the atmosphere. I didn't know what he was so worried about; the loud grouchy men and occasional brawl in the bar room was similar to Ursula's Fish and Chips Shoppe. The noise was rowdy and filled with the banging of tables and the clinking of glasses. I let a wicked smile grace my features as I watched two drunkards throwing poorly aimed punches at each other over a pint of the evening draft.

"Are you sure about this, Uma?" Harry asked, looking around with worry on his face. I turned to him, completely astonished before I stated, "Yes, I am. Why aren't you, Harry Hook, one of the worst pirates to ever grace the Isle of the Lost?"

"Uh I-I am fine." He insisted, "I'm just worried about uh...you." I deadpanned, for there was no way he actually thought I was incapable of taking care of myself. I grabbed the collar of his red T-shirt and pulled him down so or noses were almost touching. I retorted, "Do yourself a favor, Hook, and stop hanging out with princesses."

I pushed him back and whirled around, making sure to smack him in the eye with my braids. I strutted up to a table where the largest men in the room were blabbing away. I tapped one on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me."

The guy ignored me and went on chattering with his buddies. "Uma," Harry entreated, placing a hand on my shoulder, "I really think we should go."

I flicked his hand off and tried something else. I pulled a large axe from the scabbard hanging from one of the men's back, and with an aggressive grunt, I slammed it right in the middle of their table. That caught their attention, and to make sure I got the attention of everyone in the pub, I shouted at the top of my lungs, "Hey!"