Kiss and Yell

Wow, 30 chapters! I can't believe this has been going on for so long XD So, this chapter was originally titled Kiss and Tell, but I literally changed my mind while I was writing it because these two shrimp-for-brains don't make things easy. And as I always say, it's no fun unless there's DRAMA! Don't worry, it'll all be fixed next chappy, and then there'll be more drama in the chappy after that to be fixed by yet another chappy! Yay drama chappies! Anyway, enjoy this daily dose of feels!

Harry's POV

I sat on the bed of the rather small hotel room for most of the late night hours. After Coach's team talk, we all dispersed to go to our respective rooms to shower and rest up for the rest of the weekend. I was catching up on a book I had to read for class when I heard someone knocking at my door.

"Coming!" I called out before standing up off the bed and crossing over to the door. My hair was still a damp from the shower, and I was wearing my usual sleepwear of red sweatpants and a white tank top. I wasn't entirely prepared for company, but I never let my appearance bother me. I shook my hair out before opening the door, and my face lit up when I found Uma on the other side.

"Hey," I said, opening the door for her to come in. I smiled at her, and she returned it. I sent her a text asking her to drop by, but I wasn't expecting her to swing by tonight. It was still a pleasant surprise to see her nonetheless, "You didn't have to drop by tonight, ya know."

"You said please," She noted, looking at her phone. Admittedly, that last text may have implied I wanted to see her now, "Besides, Harriet and CJ kicked me out, so I figured I might as well drop by now."

"They did what?" I asked in dismay, looking out the door with the intention of storming up to their room and giving my sisters a hard time. Uma stepped closer and put her hand on my shoulder to pull my annoyed expression off the door and down to her, and I immediately calmed down when I noticed she wasn't as bothered by it as I was. She assured, "It's fine. I actually have something I want to talk to you about."

Her tone turned nervous in her last sentence, and I was struck curious. Even so, I called her here for a reason, and I was determined not to forget it this time. I grabbed her hand and led her to the back of the room, "That can wait. First, I need you to do me a favor."

On my nightstand was an unopened letter. When Uma handed my hook back in to Fairy Godmother after Cotillion, she left it inside the hilt. Fairy Godmother returned it to me, and it turned out to be the most important letter of my life. Inside was the answer to the question: Did I make it into the Junior Armed Forces of Auradon Regiment? I had been waiting to open it with Uma, but every time I saw her, I would get caught up in the great personal honor of being in her presence that I would forget. I mean, how could I not? I picked the letter up and handed it to her, and she examined it closely before quirking an eyebrow, "Your J.A.F.A.R. letter?"

"Yeah well," I said, scratching the back of my head sheepishly, "I was wondering if you would mind reading it to me."

"Why do you need me to read it?" She questioned with a small chuckle, and I shrugged my shoulders, shooting her a lopsided smirk, "Things just sound better when you say it."

She tried to fight back a bashful smile after my comment, and I felt my heart skip a beat. I may not have been able to tell her that I love her yet, but I can still drop cheeky hints that I'm delightfully bewitched by everything about her. She nodded her head in agreement, and the two of us took a seat on the bed. I was laying horizontal at the foot of the bed, and she was sitting against the headboard. While she opened the envelope, I stared at the ceiling with my hands behind my head. Here was the moment of truth. I closed my eyes and awaited the answer.