Melody

The picture above is another new character, but not an original one B) And yes it is another cast member from the Hunger Games but the visual works! Also, I know it's not mentioned in the movie, but the musical of the Little Mermaid says Triton and Ursula are siblings, so I'm considering that canon. The next few chapters will be leading up to the Swords and Shields Finals! A little drama ensues as a new face appears. Let's dive in!

The sound of swords clashing and fallen enemies hitting the ground was always music to my ears. Back on the Isle, I pitied the fool who stood up to me or my crew. That happened more than you'd think. I may have been at the top of the food train, but some villains are stupid dumb enough with the right amount of ambition to raise a sword to the Queen.

With the Swords and Shields Finals days away, the team was training ten times harder. I went to the Amphitheater, as per Harry's request, expecting the same symphony of swords. However, Swords and Shields practice was different from Isle violence. They spent the first few minutes stretching before starting with a parkour workout. They practiced ricocheting off the walls and jumping over boxes, flipping over and sliding under teammates running in opposite directions. It looked like aggressive dancing while carrying swords, but that's just my opinion.

After the aerial workout, the team moved to one-on-one hand combat. Each person paired up, save for the Captain, and would spar in the ring until, like the game rules state, one person yielded or fouled three times. Harry sparred Herky, Hercules son and Zeus's grandson, which somehow made the buff teen my very distant kin. He may have had god-like strength, but he wasn't very agile. Both he and Harry had two fouls, and the final round began. Herkie ran at Harry, and Harry ducked, shoving his body into Herky's legs. The latter tripped and tumbled out of bounce, giving Harry the victory.

When the other matches were completed, Lonnie strutted into the center of the circle with her arms crossed over her chest and a smug look plastered on her face. Her role as team captain was monitoring the matches and providing feedback on ways to fight better. Then, she could pick one opponent for her very own match based on who she thinks performed the best. She scanned her team with a scrutinizing gaze before stopping on her pick.

"Harry," She called, and he joined her on the mat, "Since you've been so superb with your combat lately, you'll be my opponent today."

Harry nodded, and they both pulled down their masks before taking a fighting stance. Lonnie gave the word to begin, and I quickly learned a new fact of hand-to-hand combat: Lonnie. Never. Loses.

Harry had three fouls faster than I could say octopus, and Lonnie stood victorious, not a single foul against her. The team cheered on their captain while also consoling her latest victim. I was impressed beyond belief. Then again, this was the girl who disarmed one of my crewmates, offered him her sword, and still kicked him to the ground.

Finally, the sword fighting portion of practice began, and showing up to the practice was worth it. The sound gave me an overwhelming feeling of nostalgia, and not the bad kind I got every time the cafeteria served fish and chips. I was watching from the second level, and a few other students were standing with me. I was so focused on the sword fighting that I didn't notice Jane pop up right beside me.

"Hey Uma," Greeted the Fairy Goddaughter, "You excited for the Swords and Shields Finals?"

"I actually am." I replied with a nod of my head. I added with a bit of mock surprise, "Who knew a villain kid would be so excited to watch Auradon sports."

"Yeah." Jane said with a nervous laugh. She cleared her throat before switching subjects, "Anyway, the coach set up a pizza party after the match whether they win or lose. You're going, right?"