Like Father Unlike Son

5,526 words! Another long chapter! I loved writing this chapter so much, but I guarantee ya'll will catch some feels. I was originally going to write this a long time ago, but I had a million angsty chapters in a row, and I needed a break. Also, I set this up perfectly in the last chapter, so I proudly present to you: Like Father Unlike Son!

Harry's POV

"You can't protect me from everything, Harry."

A rocking sensation and the sound of creaking wood stirred me awake, and I found myself outside in the cold, unsettling evening. The sun was just beginning to set, and the sky bled with shades of orange and red. Instead of a bed, I was laying on a ship deck made of aged planks that reeked of salty sea sludge. When I pushed myself up from the ground, I noticed I was wearing my ripped muscle tank hoodie and black cargo pants from when I lived on the Isle, but my hook and red coat were nowhere to be found. Another look around confirmed that I was in fact on a giant wooden pirate ship, sailing through murky waters and surrounded by an eerie fog. I knew this ship like I knew the back of my own hand. The Jolly Roger.

"The boy's awake!" A booming Frenchman's voice roared from the back of the ship. I spun around, alerted by the familiar voice of Gil's father, and I realized the whole ship was being run by the worst villains the Isle of the Lost had to offer. At Gaston's celebratory bay, the other villains rose in a bone-chilling symphony of maniacal laughter and jeering howls.

Each of them was holding their respective child or children hostage in some way. Gaston had his three sons pinned to T-shaped targets, and he was firing his quiver with lethal accuracy just around their quaking forms. He was spitting taunts every time he pulled a trigger, and he got closer and closer to hitting them each time. Gil and his brothers may have been the strongest of the VKs, but any human would cower when staring down Gaston's barrel.

On the lower deck, Jafar and Cruella de Vil were relaxing in posh sofa chairs, one made of snake-skin leather and the other made with black-spotted white fur. Their respective sons were bound in chains on the floor in front of them, and the two villains were using them as foot rests. Evil Queen had Evie tied to a salon chair and was giving her what appeared to be the opposite of a makeover, giving her daughter the likeness of a sad clown.

At the very front of the ship, the very shape of Maleficent could strike fear into any onlooker. Add her wicked cackle and the cracking of a whip, and one would be sent running if they weren't on a ship in the middle of the sea. I noticed the sails were tied up, but the ship was still moving. Then, I made out the silhouette of a large winged creature dragging the ship by a thick chain. There was only one other dragon I knew of besides Maleficent. Mal was the one pulling the ship.

Before I could make a move from where I was standing, I was startled by the pinching feeling of two boney hands on my shoulders. However, only one was an actual hand; the other was a sharpened hook stabbing into my skin without breaking it. A sickening combination of rage and terror bubbled in my stomach when a raspy voice sounded in my ear, "Welcome aboard, my boy."

I turned to face my father, jumping back in the process to put as much distance between him and me as possible. His straight mustache was cleanly styled above his sneer, and his eyes shown with wild unpredictability, a trait I picked up from him as a child. I didn't respond to him, and he pursed his lips together in a false pout.

"Aw, did the catfish catch your tongue?" His malicious expression returned as he said casually, "C'mon son! Relax a little. You are with family, of course."

Family! "Where are CJ and Harriet?" I demanded, hardening my expression so I wouldn't show any weakness. Captain Hook snickered and sauntered down the stairs to the lower deck, beckoning with his hook. I reluctantly followed him to the side railing where he gestured over the edge. I peered down at side of the ship, and my eyes widened in horror when I discovered my sisters tied to the anchor. It was locked in place for the moment, but anchors were meant to be dropped eventually. They seemed to know this as well based on their fearful expressions and the muffled screams resonating in my ears despite their gags.