Chapter 2

And so it went that the two went to sleep. They stayed in their makeshift den. As the days went by the two grew used to each other. The tiger would go out and retrieve food. The wolf wanted to go as well but without a pack she wasn’t that strong to take on big game. He had become protective of her and she was of him. But she did try but without the ability to call her power it put her in quite a few predicaments involving bigger animals. Thankfully Night was around. Although it did make her question why her unusual power had left her again. None the less she kept an eye out as he hunted. She had offered to hunt with but he convinced her it wasn’t necessary. He didn’t mind hunting for her and him. Especially when she nearly got into a scrap with a bear. Without Night she'd be wolf cutlets. He put his paw down after that.

"Just wait in our den or watch from a safer spot."
"I'm sorry."
" Just do it okay? "
"Fine." 

She was disappointed but she remained in the den. Even when inside she wanted to follow and help track. But day and night he left and she remained. Night usually didn't take long to bring a buck home. Rose Petal had begun to wait not wanting to cause problems for the male cat. It paid off. He was much more content to feed her and not have to save her again. Moments left them time to relax together. The tiger would even play with her. Although he could have rough. She'd struggle under his much more built form. Rose Petal began not to be bothered though. Having a strong adversary would help her in the long run. Time continued to pass and she was happy. She'd wake up to meals or next to the giant purring giant.

Occasionally she snuck out while he cat napped. She had caught the scent of neighboring wolves although they hadn’t come and approached her. Most likely because she smelled of the tiger. His scent was still marked in her fur. She was sure she didn’t smell of wolf.  Maybe she should bathe and remove the scent or she would never have a pack. But if she did that would she regret it. She wasn’t all to bothered having the tiger as a friend and his scent had become comforting these last 6 months. He was her pack now. He was strong and wise where she was brave and playful. She chased a rabbit not far from their den. She had nearly caught the bunny when she heard a snap and a whine. She quickly stopped her chase. The loud noise had come further away. She was tempted to go and investigate it.  What kept her there? The warnings Night had warned her they were still around. They hadn’t given up in their search. The whine was heard again. She hurried back for her den. Night was up when she slid under the hole. He walked toward her. He circled her as she watched him. She had become used to him doing this. She asked why he did it once. His reply was it was a habit.

Good you aren’t hurt.” 
“ No I’m okay.”
“ What’s wrong?”
“ I think one of the wolves who came last month just got caught.”
“ I see.”
“ Can we help them?”
“ No the moment we do. We will get put back in those cages.”
“ We could escape.”
“ The only reason we escaped last time was your power, Rose Petal.”
“ What if my powers work?”
“ Then we would be lucky. But we aren’t taking the chance. Now lay I’ll go hunt soon.”

Sighing she laid down next to him. As usual the purring began, he seemed to purr when she was near. She had begun to wonder why. Did he really enjoy her company? She growled playfully at him. She wanted to play still. He watched her with amusement. She barked and circled him. Using his paws he pinned her back to the ground. She should of known better. He wasn’t one for playing. He sniffed her as he held her down. She growled playfully and tried to get out. He re-rubbed his scent in her fur. But this time he wanted her whole coat covered as he pushed her further into the ground and rubbed all over her. She bit back a growl why was he on top of her. His body pressed her further into the ground. He licked her ear. She whimpered. Occasionally he got like this but normally let her up. But this time, he kept licking the shell of her ear.