Chapter 6

The pack of 4 now surrounded her. They growled and searched for the threat. But they didn't see one. Rose Petal led the way. Following her senses and the weird feeling. She knew she was approaching where her alpha and Luna had retreated. Her fellow pack members also scented them. They hesitated till they heard their Luna's call for help. Rose Petal growled low. She hurried quickly towards the panicked howl. The pack was on her heels. They heard it before they saw it. A giant polar bear roared as the alpha let out a howl of pain as he soared through the air. The Luna looked conflicted. Which let the pack know new pups would be on the way. Rose Petal rushed the bear as it went for her alpha. Two others helped her. She danced around the white behemoth. It tried to gore her with it's claws. Snarling and drooling. Rose Petal had a moment where she found it gross instead of normal as it had once been to her. She went for his legs nipping and dodging its canines as well. It tried to get by her to get to the hurt leader. Some of the pack as well as the Luna had gone to guard him. The Luna growling and snarling fiercely for her mate. Taiga looked quite scary. Rose Petal went for its throat and got tossed. She let out a cry. Then quickly moved as the bear set its sights on her. It charged ignoring the rest of the pack. Swinging its paw it went her flying. Some the wolves whimpered and growled. Not good. They were not happy. They were also concerned. Which they must be because she now bled from her shoulder. She not back a cry and growled challenging the beast. It accepted her challenge and sent her flying. She hurried to her feet as the giant cornered her. She heard the pack move to try and lead it away. It stood on hind legs and swiping its paw down. Rose Petal feared for her new pack.

And just like that her brown eyes glowed. She howled and the ground shook. The other wolves jumped back. Eyes narrowed at unseen threat. The bear lifted into the air. Roaring in a scared tone. Rose Petal growled and moved her head. The bear swung to the left just like her head. She bared her teeth and bobbed her head up and down. It crashed to the ground and rose back up.

"Now leave." ( she snarled,)

The bear hurried off as soon as it was back on its feet. Rose Petal wagged her tail and turned up to her pack. Only to see that they were frightened. She tried to speak but her Luna growled.

"Now you leave as well."  (Taiga snarled)

The others of the pack growled too. Rose Petal dropped her head and tucked her tail. Taiga snarled and her hair rose up.

" Luna I... "
"Go or I'll force you out."

Rose Petal's ears dropped as she left as requested. It hurt to do so. She didn't look back. She was not welcomed now. Even if she saved their lives.

She traveled south. Leaving Canada. As she learned from a sign. Another oddity. She could read. She whimpered as she continued on. She wasn't normal at all. What was happening to her? She journeyed on. She traveled for days. Stopping to hunt small rabbits. Her mind changing every day. She was learning more and more. She laid on a bank of snow and curled up.

A few hours later, she awoke freezing. Her teeth chattered as she sought warmth. She had no idea where she was. She got up only to crash down with a cry. Little fingers pulled her through the snow. She wished for someone to save her. She couldn't remember who but somebody should of. Tears streaked her face. As she cried and laid in the snow a gasp was heard. She heard snow crunching but she was fading. The last thing she remembered was a woman with blonde hair and green eyes in a purple parka calling a male name. Her eyes closed after that.

It was hours later when she awoke.

"She'll be ok but she is lucky not to have hypothermia. Who knows how long she laid there. Poor lil one." ( a woman clicked her tongue)