Chapter fourteen

Louis: Where are you?

Louis: Harry.

Louis: I'm at the park you told me to meet you at.

Louis: Harry? It's like 7:11pm.

Louis:...

Louis: Oh okay. You were joking weren't you?

Louis: To see if I was desperate enough to say yes to you?

Harry: Chill chill.

Louis: Where are you?

Harry: I got in troubles at home.

Louis: Like what? You didn't load the dishwashers? Cause in that case, you could have ignored it because I'm freezing right now.

Harry: It was something else. Sorry, babe.

Louis: Don't call me babe.

Harry: I'll be there in 10 seconds.

Louis: Good.

Louis laid his phone into his pocket and tugged his tiny hands into the pockets of the jacket. It was already quite dark outside, but it was autumn so what can you expect. Some streetlights lit up the park though. It was also pretty cold so he didn't know why Harry told him to meet him here. He should know the temperature in England is gruesome at times.

He heard footsteps coming from behind him. He turned around and saw Harry in the distance. Why was he only wearing a shirt? He obviously had pants and shoes on, but no jacket. It looked extremely cold.

"Hey." Harry spoke up when he got somehow close to him.

"Hey." Louis replied, looking at him exposed arms. "Why aren't you wearing a jacket. It's freezing." He pointed out.

Harry looked down at his arms as well and shrugged. "I told you I got into troubles at home." He said and looked back up at Louis. "Come." He said and walked past Louis.

They ended up on the swings. They haven't spoken much yet because Louis is still curious about why Harry isn't wearing a jacket.

"So, are you gonna tell me or not?" He asked.

Harry looked up at him and sighed. "Tell you why I'm not wearing a jacket?"

Louis nodded, "It obviously has something to do with your parents. You also told me you would tell me about them." He said. It might be a touchy subject to bring up, but it seemed like both of their minds were focusing on that subject.

"Just my dad trying to control us. Us as in me and my mum." He nodded and swallowed thickly before speaking again. "I just escaped through my window instead of having to deal with what was going on downstairs. Unfortunately I didn't keep my jacket in my room." He said.

Louis felt bad for Harry, the first time ever. He didn't know what Harry had to deal with at home. It sounded terrible from what he's heard. His own family is loving and cares for everyone, so he can't imagine a life where you feel the need to escape through your window rather than walk past your parents. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." He assured him and looked up at Louis. He should literally be shaking like crazy by now, but he didn't. He did on the way here, but then he saw Louis. The shivering kind of disappeared the second he laid his eyes on him. Maybe he was nervous? Yea, probably just that, he told himself. "I don't know why I told you to meet me here."

Louis chuckled and glanced up at him. "Me neither. It's cold as fuck. Can't believe you tried to make me wear shorts and a v neck." He said.

Harry smiled. "It would be hot though."

"Yea, me turning blue from the cold and getting gangrene is very hot." He sarcastically said. If was weird speaking to Harry in 'real life'. They mostly text each other. He finds it much easier to text since you could then think about your reply before sending it.

Harry laughed a little. "How do you know? Maybe that's a fetish of mine."

"Tell me if that's true so I can leave as quickly as possible."

Harry shook his head. "Nah, I'll keep that as a secret to prevent you from leaving me." He joked.

Minutes went by and they both decided to end it after Harry started to feel cold again. Louis managed to give him his sweater since he already had a jacket. It helped for a while, but it only got later and the temperature lower.

Louis was just about to leave before Harry spoke up. "Wait." He said and walked closer, still wearing Louis' sweater since he got told to give it back another day. "There's this party on Saturday. Halloween party." He started. "You should join me. If you want to."

Louis thought about the opportunity for a few seconds. Saturday is in two days. He's never really been to a party before, so he don't know what to expect. "I don't know." He simply said.

"Come on. It will be fun. When do you ever get to party on Saturdays?" Harry asked.

"I don't party any days."

"Exactly why you should go. Everyone will be dressed up, it's different, lots of alcohol, probably weed if you're into that."

Louis can't believe he's considering going. Maybe the thought of everyone wearing a costume calmed him a bit. Louis isn't the most popular person in the world, so maybe hiding behind a mask isn't horrible. "Ok." He finally replied.

Harry smirked at his replied. "Great. I'll text you." He informed him and walked away.

What the hell has Louis gotten himself into?

Note!

I feel like this chapter sucked. I had something else in mind, but then I forgot what I was supposed to write so I ended up with this...