Chapter seventeen

It's only been 30 minutes, but Louis already wanted to leave

It's only been 30 minutes, but Louis already wanted to leave. He didn't fit in, he just wasn't the type to party. He would rather be home, reading a good book while drinking Yorkshire tea. His favourite kind.

He preferred tea over alcohol any day. Alcohol wasn't him either. He did finish the drink Harry had made him earlier. He was actually pretty tipsy after it. Another reason to go home.

No, he was done partying. He music was too loud too. His head will be pounding all night now. The music wasn't even good. Just stupid remixes of songs that already sucks.

He's been leaning against the same wall for a while now. Harry left him out of nowhere. He probably found his own friends and hung out with them. What's the point of bringing someone if you won't even spend time with them? Harry invited him.

He sighed deeply and pulled away from the wall. It was so tensed here. Sorry, but the air of drunk brats isn't satisfying enough for him. So he grabbed his phone from his pocket and pressed Harry's phone number.

He brings the phone to his ear as he walked around, trying to see if Harry was anywhere near. It was many people here and the music was just too loud, he don't think Harry would hear his phone.

He walked to a more quiet place in the house. He walked upstairs where no music was being played. The phone was still beeping and he was starting to get inpatient. He had no idea where he was and Harry was his only ride.

"Pick up." He mumbled under his breath. He thought Harry wanted to hang out with him. The time they had at the park was nice. He liked it a lot actually. They had some stuff in common and he could see them being friends. This isn't exactly what "friends" do.

The phone was cut off and he groaned deeply. Harry ended the call? What the hell? He pressed "call" once again and brings the phone to his ear.

He suddenly heard Harry's ringtone coming from the room beside him. The only reason why he knew his ringtone was because Harry's dad tried to get in touch with him that day at the park.

Anyways, Harry must be in the room. He was about to end the call, but Harry already did.

"For fuck sakes." Louis heard Harry say from the other side of the door. What was he doing in there? Was he alone? "Who's calling?" Another male voice said. Oh, not alone then.

He walked closer to the wooden door. Being curious is natural right? It doesn't hurt as long no one knows. And he wanted to make sure they aren't talking about him.

He laid his fingertips against the door to lean closer. Literally his face against the door right now.

"Louis. The one I told you about." Harry replied. What has he told him? Why is Harry talking about him to other people?

"Oh. How's that going?"

He heard a soft chuckle leaving Harry's lips. "I don't know. I'm acting like I'm not interested. Kinda. More like not interested in a relationship way, if you understand?"

"Why the hell are you doing that? If you like the dude then go for it." What?

"Stop it. If something does happen, I will have to tell people I'm... I'm gay. I can't do that can I?" He was confused. Why is Harry hiding his feelings though. He mean, he's acting like a careless asshole, is that so necessary. "I'm not that gay thought, I'm just me liking a guy."

"Your sexuality is your business. No one has to know until you're ready."

It was a long pause after that. Almost like they knew Louis was on the other side of the door and now they are planning on how to expose him.

But finally Harry spoke.

"I don't care. Give me the pills. Things are getting worse at home and I'm running out." Harry snapped.

"Here." Louis couldn't see what was happening. Unfortunately, because he wondered what kind of pills the spoke about.

"Remember, not too much. Keep in mind what happened last time, mate."

"I actually don't care. I need it more than anyone. I know it's not true, but let me believe whatever the fuck I want." And then Harry walked towards the door.

Louis immediately tried to get away as fast as possible. Being caught in this situation would he awkward, especially after what Harry said about him. He can't know for sure, but he will definitely not enjoy the atmosphere in the room.

He tried to get behind the corner of the corridor, but he accidentally tripped over his own feet, falling face down to the floor. How unlucky can you get? It's like the universe is trying to push you down on purpose.

Harry saw Louis falling and he exchanged a look with his friend before making his way over to Louis to help him. He tugged this small plastic bag into his pocket before reaching out for Louis' upper arm.

Louis on purpose laid still on the ground, somehow trying to act like he meant to fall down, on his face... but he felt his hand grabbing onto him, pulling him up to his feet.

"Mind explaining?" Harry said straight out.

Louis had no words. What could he say? Say that he listened to the personal conversation? No. He can't. But what else could he say? He just had to be honest. Louis is complaining about harry not being honest about his feelings, so he can't lie to cover up what he did. That won't prove his point.

"I heard... you talking about some pills, so I got curious." Okay, he lied a little. But it was still the truth, it's what he heard.

Harry immediately relaxed. But then got tensed again. "That's non of your business. And like I said, I will tell you everything later. When I'm fucking ready."

Louis' eyes widen at Harry's rough tone. Harry let him go, pushing him back a little. Nothing major, but Louis got confused by how cold he suddenly got.

They were alone in the corridor. The other guy left ages ago. Probably for the best since he didn't want him to see Harry getting mad at him.

"I'm sorry." He softly spoke. "I shouldn't have listened. I hate how curious I can get, I'm really sorry." But he really wanted to know what they were for still.

Harry kept looking into his eyes as he spoke. He looked back, not knowing what else to do. The sudden hand in Louis' cheek surprised him. He just held his hand there, his thumb almost touching his top lip. He wondered what was going through his curly headed head.

"I really want to kiss you."

Louis parted his lips slightly at his words. That was very forward. But he didn't mind. It was... nice to hear? It's hard to explain, but he knew it wasn't bad of him to say.

But then he lets go. "Never mind. I'm drunk." He tried to save himself, and turned to walk away.

Louis stayed still, mostly in shock. But somehow disappointed. No, he can't just stay here. He walked after Harry and grabbed onto his arm. Harry luckily turned around so Louis was able to press his lips against his. Why he did this was unclear, maybe he felt bad for him, maybe he felt something else.

Anyways. It felt good.