Off and run

"You met her because of your piano sheets flying away??" Blake stared in amusement.

"Yes," I replied, "I had just gotten fired from my previous job as a piano teacher, and Samantha gave me a place to continue my passion for piano. A few weeks before I met her, I was slowly getting poorer and had to sell my old piano. I really had to thank her for lending me a place,"

"Glad she helped you pursue your hobby," Blake leaned his head to his right and smiled at me.

"And then you two fell in love?" Matthew asked.

"Yes... But that's another story," I said, waving him off.

"But that one story you read, what was it about?" Matthew inquired.

"Some story about revenge. I doubt it was true because it involved ghosts," I said.

"Where could she possibly be, though?" Blake continued.

"I haven't gotten the faintest idea," I admitted, "I honestly have no clue how to find her,"

"Don't you have a find my friends or something? Like on Google maps maybe?" Matthew suggested.

"I-" I swiped my phone to my face and quickly opened the maps. I frantically searched for Samantha's icon.

"Why haven't I thought of this earlier??? Why??" I muttered a bit angrily.

"You're panicky and your brain is disoriented because she's your love," Matthew tried to explain, "It's totally normal,"

"I know, thanks, but still-" I stopped and stared at my phone. A grin slowly crept over my cheeks.

"The last place she's been at is on our island, and that's only half an hour ago, when she phoned us," I shouted in half-joy.

"Amazing!" Blake jumped up with Matthew, "I mean it's not cool that she's kidnapped, but she's on this island...! That helps!"

"We've got to set out as soon as possible," I told them both, "Go get changed and meet at the front of the hotel ASAP!"

When they've gone, I changed once again into more practical clothing. Sweatpants, t-shirt, running shoes; nothing impressive, but extremely comfortable and flexible. And a large, practical, zipper purse. I jumped a few times and did some on place jogging. I am ready. I am ready to save my love.

We met at the front of the hotel, the boys well equipped with all sorts of tools, and I, having my head still turning in circles. We jumped in David's car and tried to follow the map to where Samantha had last been. David drove, Matthew lied down in the back seat row, sorting out their tools (or what he calls them: weapons) and I sat next to David in the passenger spot at front in order to tell him where to go.

"Do any of you have a spare phone?" I asked, turning to Matthew. "Why?" He fished out his cellphone and handed it in my left hand.

"We should probably call the police just to warn them anyway, and I need my phone for the maps," I explained.

After informing the police, who promised to send one patrol car to where we would go, we drove for fifteen minutes in silence. There was nothing to talk about, maybe except for what would happen to her, how we were to find her, what we would do with the criminal or criminals... But we were all too stressed for any conversation.