CHAPTER 2 : He Who Had Gone Forever

“Chae Young.” The young girl snapped out of her thought as her sister calls her name.

“What is it unnie?” she asks the older girl.

“Where are you just now? In space?” Chae Rin adds before chuckling and lightly pushes a glass of juice in front of her younger sister.

“Ah mian~~…” she answers, short.

“She must be thinking about that Ji Ho guy again.” A voice suddenly answers from the kitchen’s entrance.

“Oh… Hani, you’re here.” Says Chae Rin cheerfully as she pours the juice into another glass before put it in front of Hani. Hani doesn’t answer her; instead she is now focusing on the youngest girl, Chae Young.

“You know I’m right. Right?” she looks deeps into Chae Young’s eyes.

“A-a-niya unnie. I’m not thinking about him.” She tries to deny the fact which she knows very well that her sisters already know.

“Hmm…?” Chae Rin looks at Chae Young, waiting for an answer. Chae Young changes her gaze to Chae Rin.

“No unnie, I’m not thinking about him.”

Ignoring her denial, Hani goes again. “You know that you are not supposed to have any feeling for him right?”

Chae Young just look at her glass, unable to meet her sisters’ eyes.

“He is our enemy. You know that too well.” Everyone stay in silent as Hani brings the serious talk. She is the eldest after all. “He’s a killer and we are assassins. And he’s the one who killed our parents.”

“It’s not him. It’s his father.” Chae Young talks back to her sister but regrets her action instantly. Hani looks at her in disbelief because her sisters had never  disagreed with her before.

“So now you try to defend him? Remember Park Chae Young, whether it’s him or his father, it doesn’t matter. Because of them we become orphans. What’s the difference between him and his father? They share the same blood. Those same dirty blood.” Hani tense the last sentences. Her fist is clenched in anger.

Chae Rin who senses the tension trying to cool Hani down but of course, their eldest sister is too stubborn to even listen to her. Hani is now looking at Chae Young who doesn’t even dare to lift her head with burning emotions.

“Remember Park Chae Young, your mission is to lure him, not to fall in love with him. If that happens, don’t you ever dare to call me your sister again.” She pronounces the word one by one in anger.

Chae Young flinches at her sister’s word. Isn’t that’s too mean even though she just say it out of anger? Tears start to fill her eyes. She grips her hands on her skirts, trying hard to suppress the tears. Being an orphan is enough. How could her sister says such words to her? Even though she doesn’t mean it, it hurts. They are the only family she has.

When she was a kid, she had always been picked on by those kids in school but it doesn’t matter because she has Hani and Chae Rin to protect her. Why does Hani says such a hurtful thing. She’s sensitive. Doesn’t her sister know that?

Hani’s breath hitches, her chest moving up and down, indicating how angry she is. She can’t accept the fact that her sister is falling in love with the son of the same person who killed their parent. She’s supposed to hate him, just like their initial plan. But why must she fall for him? It’s a taboo.

Suddenly, Chae Young stands up and run upstairs towards her room. She can’t take this anymore. She can’t hold her tears any longer but she doesn’t want to be seen crying in front of her sisters.

“Chae Young.” Chae Rin calls her name before turns to look at Hani.

“Unnie, don’t you think we are too harsh with her?” she asks.

“No. This is for her own sake. I don’t want her to be hurt next time.” Strict, she answers.

“I’ll go and take a look at her.” Chae Rin says before climbing the stairs to her sister room.

Hani tries to calm herself down. “Am I too harsh?”  She asks herself as she sits on the kitchen’s bar. She knows that she hurts her sister but that is the right thing to do. She ain’t supposed to fall in love, at least not with someone from Woo’s family. She knows it hurts, she experienced it before. She doesn’t want her sister to meet the same fate as her. She hopes one day, Chae Young will understand her actions.

Hani takes out a silver necklace from her pocket before opens the heart-shaped locket. There’s a picture in it: A picture of her and a guy. And that’s the secret only she knows, oblivious to her sisters’ knowledge. She observes the picture tenderly. Before she knows it, tears start shedding from her eyes.

“Oppa, do you know I miss you?” she smiles at the picture.

“If you’re not one of them,  not a Woo, You don’t have to die. We will be happy.” She closes the locket again and takes it to her chest as she cries silently.

“Rest In Peace Woo Ji Seok.”