CHAPTER 4 : It Doesn't Make Us The Good Guy Neither

“Chae Young, may unnie come in?” Chae Rin knocks the door of her sister’s room.

“Hmm…” that’s the only thing come out from Chae Young’s mouth. Chae Rin smiles gently as she walks towards her sister’s bed before sitting next to her.

“Chae Young-ah…” she put her hands on Chae Young’s shoulders.

“Look at me please.” She tries to console her crying little sisters.

It still feels like old times, when they were still kids. Whenever Chae Young is being picked out by the little rascals in her school, Hani will confront them and Chae Rin will be the one who stop her tears. They will do anything to protect each other.

“Baby, look at unnie please.” She says again. After a few moments, Chae Young lifts up her face.

“Look, why are you crying? You look really ugly.” She jokes.

“Unnie, that won't work. I’m not a little kid anymore.”

“Yes you are. Even you are already grown up; you will always be my little sister. My beautiful little sister.” Chae Rin says as she strokes Chae Young’s hair.Chae Young stops her tears when Chae Rin hugs her.

“Chae Young-ah, are you mad at Hani unnie?” Chae Rin asks her.

“No.” short, she answers.

“But I am hurt. Is it that bad to fall in love? Why unnie must say those words? She said she doesn’t want me as her sister anymore.” She let out whatever things playing in her mind.

Chae Rin let out a sigh. *So she does falling in love with him.* Chae Rin thinks to herself.

“Chae Young-ah, it’s not a bad thing to fall in love, but if you fall in love with the wrong person... it is.” says Chae Rin. 

“Ji Ho is not the wrong person. He wasn't the one who killed our parents, it’s his father.” She looks into Chae Rin’s eyes, almost like hoping she would agree with her.

Chae Rin just smiles. “True, he isn’t the one who killed our parent but you know his background very well right? He may not kill our parents but the number of innocent persons that suffered in his hand is uncountable. You are aware of that right? “ Chae Rin explains. Her sister are too innocent sometimes and it always worries her.

“But unnie, we too killed people.” Chae Young says in a low tone.  In her heart, Chae Rin agrees with Chae Young’s claim. Yeah, they too kills people. That’s their job. But like Hani always tell them :‘We kill only people who deserves it.’ That’s what they keep holding on to since the very beginning, which sweeps away all their guilt after taking people’s life all these times.

“There’s no difference between us and them right unnie?” Chae Young's words drive Chae Rin speechless. She’s right but she can’t tell her that.

“No baby, we are different. We are no way similar to them.” She doubts her own answer.

“But it doesn’t make us a good guy neither right?” Chae Young’s continuous question left Chae Rin with no answer.

“Baby…” she calls her sister. “You need a rest. You will meet Ji Ho this evening right?” Chae Rin tries to change the subject.

“Just finishes our mission okay. After this, our life will be normal again.” Says Chae Rin as she let Chae Young lies on her bed. She pulls the blanket covering her little sister’s body.

“Unnie, Ji Ho has changed. Believe me. He’s not as bad as we thought he is.” Chae Young tries her last resort to convince Chae Rin.

“We’ll talk about this later okay. Go get some rest.” She kisses Chae Young’s forehead before leaving her room.