CHAPTER 7 : Love Is Still Sweet

Chae Young sits alone at the park, tapping her fingers nervously as she waits for ‘him’. Roughly, it has been almost half a year she’s in a relationship with him and it’s already 4 months 3 weeks and 17 days she’s deeply in love with him. Thinking about that, she unconsciously smiles widely. But that doesn’t last long. Hani’s words this morning keeps ringing in her head, chasing all her sweet dream away. She let out a sigh as she stares blankly at the lake in front of her.

*The lake…. it look so calm… Unlike my heart.*

Just then, something was shoved right in front of her face. It takes her seconds to recognize what’s the object is. A gun. Wait what? A gun? She stares at the familiar object in horror. She can hear the trigger is pulled and she closes her eyes before a ‘bang’ sound comes after.

Except is doesn’t come from the gun, it’s someone voice... A familiar one… follows by a big laugh.

You know who.

“Yah you!”  She shouts at the person before hitting him with all her might.

“Ouch baby. That’s hurts.” Ji Ho winches at the pain. His girl sure got a lot of energy.

“Serve your right. I almost have a heart-attack you know.” She crosses her arms and blows her bangs.

“Sorry. I’m just trying to surprise you.” Ji Ho tries to comfort her.

"That's not funny." She comments in a serious tone.

"Hehe... Actually... It is." Ji Ho still giggles happily.

“Hish…” she hisses.

“Sorry…” Ji Ho apologizes Chae Young keeps her face straight and just looking right in front of her, avoiding Ji Ho’s eyes.

“Sorry…” he says again, now moving closer to her.

“Sorry…?” he moves his faces closer and closer to her. Her heart beats rapidly the moment her cheek touches his. It’s fortunate that the light was so dim because if it ain’t, she’s very sure that he will see her cheeks slowly turns crimson red.

Afraid of the upcoming event she shoved his face away lightly and turns to look at him who never averts his gaze elsewhere, except at her.

“Sorry…?” he raises one of his eyebrows.

“Okay… okay… stop doing that.” She gently answers. Ji Ho laughs.

“I hate you.” She says as she looks at him.

“Liar.” he answers, again laughing. Chae Young smiles at him. She’s happy to see him like this, he smiles all the time whenever they are together, unlike the first time they met. She imagines if they ever met for a different reason, how the ending of this love story will be. This love was created by revenge… it’s not a coincidence. But is it a fate? She’s never sure about it.

“Now you are the one who should stop doing that.” Ji Ho says as he realized Chae Young’s eyes are constantly looking at him.

“What?” She says, playing numb.

“Okay. If you like it that much, how about this?” he says as he slithers his right arm on her thin waist, pulling her closer to him.

Chae Young stuns at his sudden action whilst he just stares at her with a nifty smirk plastered on his lips. She couldn’t help but to smile back at him, making his heart flutters. He looks deep into her eyes. Why must he fell in love with an enemy? Will their love ends beautifully?  He doesn’t even know the answer.

So he knows about her? Yes. He knew everything. He knows who she really is. He already knew it, since her father commands her to execute the sisters… but Chae Young never aware that JiHo already discover her hidden identity. Both of them are actually a victim in this cruel reality. But that’s what was destined for them and they never really have a choice.